Coulson acquires two new C130H!

Coulson Has acquire two new C-130s. They both come from Tucson Arizona. They join Tanker 131, they have been dubbed “Brage” and “Ty” after the Norse gods. They do not have their Tanker numbers yet!

22 Likes

Lets fight some fires gentlemen!

5 Likes

Well, let’s hope we don’t have to fight fires, but good we’re more prepared… Cough California cough

2 Likes

Saw this on their recent instagram post!

Really interesting how they can transfer these aircraft into full on fledged firefighting aircraft…
Great to see (:

1 Like

Looks like they both came from Norway?

They are former Norwegian Air Force!

I’m glad to see that they are replacing the one that they lost in Australia

1 Like

Even with the lost of tanker 134 these guys were going to be joining the fleet

1 Like

Update

BRAGE is making great progress and is waking up nicely. The team is half way through the engine borescope inspections/filter changes/servicing and is ready to be jacked this coming week to start landing gear inspections and to get its replacement wheel/tires.

3 Likes

INTRODUCING THE FIRST OF THE NEW COULSON AIR FORCE

As we cannot fly an airplane with the official markings of another government on the side we removed the ROYAL NORWEGIAN AIR FORCE livery and installed COULSON AIR FORCE livery for their inaugural flights to maintenance

BRAGE has received its overhauled wheels and tires, gear swings have been completed, the airplane has been fueled up, and both low and high power ground runs have been completed. The airplane is currently waiting on its flight permits and will depart in the new few days. As the engines burn off the 1010 inhibiting oil the crew made a point to illuminate and take a picture of the “No Smoking” signs.

2 Likes

COULSON AIR FORCE UPDATE

BRAGE was unable to ferry out of Davis-Monthan Air Force Base last month due to limited staffing caused by COVID-19 so our efforts were turned to TY. TY was prepared for its ferry and has approval from the base to fly out on Monday when it will head to Crestview, Florida. Included are two pictures of late evening high power engine runs.

TY is registered as N132CG and will be identified as Tanker 132 this summer once the overhaul/conversion/tank install has been completed.

We will work to get BRAGE out later this month as well!

WELCOME TO THE FLEET TANKER 132!!

3 Likes

👀

Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?

1 Like

Probably fire season honestly

1 Like

Nice to see good old «957» Brage in service again! I’ve been on that bird many years ago.

1 Like

Now thats cool! Got photos>?

I got photos of two of my buddies in the cargo hold lol. Don’t see much of the aircraft though

1 Like

MaxSez: So this is what happens to a few worn-out X Air FARSE/Norse etc 130’s!
Bought from Surplus or the Boneyard. Wonder what the main spars look like. You can put lipstick on a pig, it’s still a pig. Good Luck aircrews.
Max
( change the caption they sure aren’t new, Fake News 😝 )

1 Like

I just got a new 1951 Nash; it’s an old car but new to me! Just like these Hercs they might be old but new to The Fleet!

@RotorGuy… Typical Rotorhead, quibble quibble quibble!
Max
(Remember that Marine 130 that feel out of the sky last year? That’s a Coulson Special type.)

1 Like

UPDATE

On Monday April 13th, TY took off from Davis-Monthan Air Force Base for its flight to Crestview Florida where Tanker 132 will be overhauled & converted. The airplane was crewed by Dawn, Travis, and Charlie for its uneventful 3.7 hour flight.

One down, four more to go.

Great job to all the team members who regenerated and flew the airplane as well as a big thanks to the PIMA and DM Crews!

2 Likes