Could the default for Top be changed to “Today” instead of “Year”?

Hello, I’ve come to enjoy scrolling through the Top section which can be found in the menu. The only one flaw [IMO] being that by default the landing page is “Year” instead of the time frame I more commonly use, “Today”. Is anybody aware of a discourse setting that I could change to make the default for Top be “Today” or could it by default be changed for everyone to “Today” instead of “Year”? Thanks!

6 Likes

i don’t know i’ll look on discourse

4 Likes

I have no clue what you’re asking but thank you for trying to look for a solution that I’m unaware of.

5 Likes

I re read it, what I said was pointless

2 Likes

Hey, so unfortunately I haven’t been able to find anything helpful regarding adjusting the default time period for the “top” category permanently. Luckily Discourse inserts that handy drop down menu so it’s at least a quick adjustment.

3 Likes

Thank you for looking into it as well, I tried searching the discourse community forum but couldn’t find anything either. There must be a way to somehow, surely. :)

2 Likes

Why don’t you just… like… click every time…

4 Likes

2 Likes

lol IDK anymore.

1 Like

Are you on mobile?

Click on the date next to year then there should be more options for you to pick. Select today at bottom of the list.

1 Like

My question was, could Today be made the default instead of Year when you click Top? Thank you though. :)

This way might be more helpful to you. Go to preference setting then select interface and set the home page default to top. Maybe it will remember your option for top to today instead of year.

That’s pretty useful. Still a annoying you have to click the dropdown in Top, then click Today each time you load the page because it just resets to Year, hence the question. Thank you though, forgot that was a thing. :)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.