Correct response to "I'm sorry"

Earlier this evening I was instructed to line up and wait for take off, then instructed seconds later to hold short, with a “I’m sorry” gesture shortly following from my seasoned advanced controller. It occurred to me that my only response that seemed to be fitting was “thank you”. This slight change of plans on behalf of the controller neither disrupted my time nor bothered me and I realised I would have liked to replied with a “no worries”, or “no problem”, or maybe a “forget about it”. It’s small request but one that would correctly articulate an everyday expression.

17 Likes

That literally has been on my mind for a while. The expressions or responses we as pilots are limited to don’t give justice to the IFATC! It would be so helpful to have this option…let the controllers know we aren’t angry or annoyed. We are simply waiting on them to clear us for a great adventure in the sky

@CyLyric thank you for posting this. Even if others don’t like it I think it is an amazing idea! I just wish it were possible…

54 Likes

agree be nice to have a nice ‘no probs mate’ option, however the list of ATC phrases is already long enough and can add to confusion as it is. A simple ‘ROGER’ would acknowledge it, sounds professional and I think is already available.

7 Likes

This would be so much better if It was added to the simulation.

2 Likes

Love that photo 😉⭐️ Otherwise I think this is a good idea, I sometimes accidentally bump a command and the pilot can get confused.

2 Likes

Exactly! And thanks mate haha I thought it fit with my post lol

1 Like

Your correct response is to confirm that you are holding short. That is all you need

3 Likes

Oh man this would be useful! A controller or pilot apologises and you just have to awkwardly sit there and not respond. Would be very useful

2 Likes

Yeah I feel horrible when I cant say anything

2 Likes

Yes please! Voted! It’s be awesome

1 Like

Totally agreed. It would be awesome to add some new options to communicate with the ATC. Voted!

1 Like

That is a great idea!

Don’t forget to vote if you want it.

2 Likes

Love this feature! Will definitely give this one vote when I have one!
This reminds me of a time when I was flying in Florida and the atc cleared me to land (I was on final) and atc cleared someone on the the ground to takeoff. Well I was flying too fast and I just did a go around. But the atc said: “I’m sorry” even though he did nothing wrong. Btw this was one Expert.

It makes me wonder why people vote for trivial features like this as opposed to real features, you know the ones that bring a flight sim closer to actual realism?

I mean, surely there’s a better use for votes.

3 Likes

Then as a titled community member you should toss this 11 month old feature request into a post with similar ATC commands and response requests. It’s nothing more than request for clearer communication which is in fact a part of realism. I’ll give you trivial as a singular but not as a whole.

4 Likes

I thought of the same thing, because we’re limited to say certain things in response to other people. I feel like they think something else if we respond in a way where we can’t say what we want to say.

1 Like

However I think yiu can use “You are welcome”

1 Like

It’s used as an alternative. It doesn’t make sense but sometimes gets the message through

2 Likes

I think its a good idea, however, be aware that some will use it as a ‘comeback’ message to controllers on TS1 instructing pilots to ‘please follow instructions’ or ‘please check help pages for assistance using ATC instructions’ with ‘no problem’ or ‘forget about it’. So maybe for that reason having a simple ‘thank you’ is enough for now. I think adding ‘Roger’ would be good though