Correct behavior?

As you see in the screenshot, I was number 2 in the sequence and cleared to land. But because I was flying with a DH8D I was slower than others in their jets, so ATC changed the sequence and I became number 4. But the controller didn’t clear me to land afterwards.
So my question is, what’s the correct behavior in that situation? Am I allowed to land, because he did give me the clearance earlier?

3 Likes

I would have used ‘cancel landing clearance, number 4 traffic to follow is on final’ and then re-cleared you. What server was this on? (I am right screw you all)

7 Likes

Okay, thanks. This was on Expert.

2 Likes

I think the best thing to do in your case is tell your position to the controller, "plane xx is on final/downwind runway xy full stop.

3 Likes

The controller will be banned for this horrendous error. Thank you for the report.

13 Likes

I thought about that, too. But wasn’t completely sure, since usually you don’t make any reports after you’ve received landing clearance.

1 Like

The clearance still stands in the first place. He only need resequence you if necessary. If you were being moved to another runway, then of course, a new clearance would have to be issued.

Controller was fine. Just follow the new issued sequence. :)

9 Likes

You FAA guys are weird.

8 Likes

Would Misha’s idea be fine aswell? Are there 2 ways of dealing with it

There are EAA rules and FAA rules. For the sake of unity and being able to train and teach on one platform, we go by FAA. It makes no sense playing a tug of war back and forth with two.

(For nitpicky Mats, it’s ICAO, which is inferior to 'Murica. :D)

3 Likes

I know Joshy :(

What are you talking about if you’re re sequenced the landing clearance is still valid.

4 Likes

Thank goodness someone knew what they where talking about 🙄

2 Likes

Are you sure?i think after sequence is not green the plane so need clearence again,I’m not sure but I think so

I am 100% positive just resequence there is no need to re clear. The landing clearance still stands.

2 Likes

I would resequence and reclear. I would also go out on a limb and say majority of pilots would verify they are still cleared to land after a resequence. (IRL)

@Mats_Edvin_Aaro and josh is right, the ICAO and its procedures are inferior. It’s not that the FAA is weird, we just have better controllers!

@JoshFly8

4 Likes

You have a typo in a post… You said inferior, but CLEARLY it’s superior… Happens to the best, don’t worry about it :D

1 Like

I suggest everyone listen to OP. He has an idea of what he’s talking about. ;)

We manage the most complex and busiest airspace in the world, @Mats_Edvin_Aaro, so… nyaaaah.

Everyone gets cleared! #5! You get cleared! Your cousin gets cleared! Your uncle gets cleared! Random strangers get cleared! Woo!

4 Likes

And then…

boom

1 Like

And you get cleared to leave this topic… 😂