Corendon 747 - The Plane in a Hotel's Backyard

Welcome!

Today I went spotting at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, and there seemed to be a lack of planes departing, so I decided to do something different, which brings me to creating this topic.

What I’m talking about is the Corendon Boeing 747-400 parked in the Corendon Hotel’s backyard, North of Schiphol Airport.
Here’s a picture:

image Credit

After seeing this picture, you probably got the same question that appeared in my brain when I first saw this: how.

Fortunately, there is already a topic here covering the details so I do not have to explain the full thing.

Some additional facts:

• The 747-406, registered PH-BFB, originally belonged to KLM.
  • Corendon then bought it off KLM and sent it to Rome to get in painted in the Turkish carrier’s colours.
  • This was not the typical Corendon 747 livery. It had a special paint scheme advertising the Eurovision Songfestival 2020, which was to be hosted in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.

Without further ado, here are the pictures!

Equipment

Canon Eos 350d
Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6
Canon EFS 18-55mm

70-300 lens

Still taken with the long lens, here is a close up of the General Electric CF6 engines, which have seen almost 30 years of loyal service at KLM.

I made a quick sprint to the car to fetch the wide angle lens before the sun started to go down, here are some pictures with this lens:

Those were the photos!

If you ever decide to go spotting at Schiphol, I highly recommend visiting this.
You can park just outside the Corendon hotel and put on your emergency/park anywhere lights. Then make your way towards the tunnel. Just before the tunnel you will find a small dirt path going up. Follow it and you will get a great view of the 747.
I may or may not have sneaked onto the hotel grounds to get some better shots…

Have a great day wherever you are,
Rian O’Shea

34 Likes

Eurovision! And awesome pics and a very unique aircraft and gate.

1 Like

Ah yes. Brilliant pics @Rian16, you have to say that whoever came up with this idea is a genius. Well done

1 Like

Awesome pics man! It would be a dream to see it. I don’t live in Amsterdam unfortunately, but i will come one day soon!

2 Likes

Thank you, gutted Eurovision got cancelled this year, I would’ve been able to see it:(

Thanks Luke! Yeah money brings knowledge

Thanks a lot! Schiphol is the best attraction of the country, make sure to enjoy it if you ever visit:)

2 Likes

it actually taxied thru a highway and days later was parked into someone backyard i saw it all on the news

1 Like

Sure did. I watched the video - it looked spectacular.

I was busy that night so unfortunately I wasn’t able to attend:(

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.