Copilot system?

With the update for global announced to be this year, we all cannot wait for it to be released. But let’s say you were flying for your VA from Chicago O’Hare to Sydney. Fellow copilots, who would want to stay awake, or let alone, keep your device on for 20 hours for the flight? The battery would die, and some of us have to go to school/work, right? I am suggesting that we have a copilot system. (This is for you developers.) 2+ real IF pilots in one plane. If there was a way to sync a plane over multiple devices for multiple pilots, we could have a copilot system. Each pilot operates a shift on the craft. When your shift is over, you simply log out when the other pilot has taken over. This way, we can fly aircraft around the world, without having 20 hour sessions!

5 Likes

so like a shared cockpit

3 Likes

Like this?

3 Likes

Exactly. I could imagine that would take some programming to do (a lot) but I’m sure it could be done.

Would take alot of prgramming. id be afraid of somone crashing my flight and getting myslef violations

1 Like

Obviously it would be someone you trust. And I guess the violations would be directed to who is flying the plane, not who’s plane it is. I’m guessing this is more of a VA feature.

3 Likes

Not only would this as realism to the game, but also it would make flying much more fun. But, I see your point @N1DG, a lot of development would go into this. Not in the distant (or near) future, they should begin working on it. A lot more than simply syncing a device would have to go into it. But it would make for an excellent flight. 👍

it would add realism and i never said i was against it. was just saying i dont want a random person hopping in my plane and messing up my flight.

1 Like

True. Then I guess if someone crashes your flight, you can not let them take control again. The real pilot handover system requires the captain to say “you have control” before the first officer takes over. and the captain can take over anytime. So as the person starting the flight, I guess you would be the captain, and you could press the “take control” you feel like your first officer is suicidal.

yah. already knew that. do it all the time in real life. it would be a good feature and im NOT against it, i just think it be hard to put in game and keep out of hands of noobs

Nobody said you were against it. Please don’t make silly assumptions. :-)

lol maybe i misread somewhere. it wasnt an asumption just a mistake. theres a difference

1 Like

Off topic. Not a support topic. Visit Features and support the existing request.

1 Like