Copa Airlines 737-800 (Updated Letter Font and Split Scimitars)

Becoming a pilot is the dream for many aviation enthusiasts. In Panama there are several flight schools that help those who want to fulfil their dreams, but one stands out from the group.

The Higher Latin American Academy of Aviation (Academia Latinoamericana de Aviación Superior in Spanish), also known by its acronym ALAS (literally WINGS in English) is a flight school based at Albrook Airport (PAC/MPMG), founded in 2013.

The school attracted more attention when they partnered with Copa Airlines to launch a pilot program, awarding scholarships for those to wish to enroll in the academy, aimed at training students with the latest in technology. At the end of their course, they’ll receive a job offer at the airline.

The Copa Airlines livery in Infinite Flight is outdated and needs a rework asap!

Missing features:

• New CopaAirlines logo typography.
  • Split scimitar winglets.
  • Star Alliance logo (on both sides between the cockpit windows and the front doors).
  • Bare metal belly.

Suggestions for a new registration to replace the current one in IF (HP-1522CMP):

• HP-1836CMP: Copa’s first 737-800 with split scimitar winglets.
  • HP-1857CMP: youngest 737-800 of their fleet.
  • HP-1856CMP: 2nd youngest 737-800 of their fleet.
  • HP-1855CMP: 3rd youngest 737-800 of their fleet.

Imgur

#UpdateTheCopaLivery

5 Likes

What you’re seeing below is one of the saddest consequences the COVID-19 pandemic, parked airplanes on the apron and taxiways, an airlines paralyzed and several employees sent home.

Despite the desperate situation, Copa Airlines made it though the national lockdown and was able to restart operations in by the end of the 3rd quarter of 2020, as soon as Panama reopened its borders.

The Copa Airlines livery in Infinite Flight is outdated and needs a rework. Missing features:

• Star Alliance logo (on both sides between the cockpit windows and the front doors).
  • Bare metal belly.

Suggestions for a new registration to replace the current one in IF (HP-1522CMP):

Imgur

#UpdateTheCopaLivery

7 Likes

What a Transition!

1 Like

In some previous posts I’ve highlighted the importance of Tocumen International Airport in Copa Airlines’ history. Below I’m posting an article that further explains the Hub of the Americas’ role in the aviation industry:

And again I repeat once again the problems with the Copa livery currently in Infinite Flight:

• Bare metal belly.

And some suggestions for a new registration to replace the current one in IF (HP-1522CMP):

• Or any other registration after HP-1850CMP is also fine…

#UpdateTheCopaLivery

6 Likes

Looking for a new story of inspiration? Meet Captain Anel Wong, Copa Airlines’ most senior pilot with over 50 years experience. Whether you final goal is to be a pilot, we can all surely relate to this kind of story of personal growth and perseverance.

The Copa Airlines livery in Infinite Flight is outdated and needs a rework. Missing features:

• Bare metal belly.

• Or any other registration after HP-1850CMP is also fine…

Imgur

#UpdateTheCopaLivery

5 Likes

If this isnt beautiful then i dont know what is

5 Likes

Copa Airlines withdrew from all domestic routes in the 1970s to focus on international routes, leaving the domestic market to the smaller companies at the time like Aeroperlas. Eventually with the fall of Air Panama International, its re-emerge as Air Panama and the growth of Aeroperlas, the small towns and hard-to-reach areas remain connected with air travel, with proved to be instrumental as well for tourism and relief operations in case of disasters.

But at the beginning of the 2010s the Panamanian aviation panorama changed abruptly when Aeroperlas went our of business in 2012, after facing scrutiny from the Civil Aviation Authority for having severe maintenance issues with their fleet and the sharp drop of passenger numbers, although the management cited obsolete business model and market conditions as the reasons of the company’s closure. Air Panama remained as the sole airline to serve domestic routes until 2015 when Copa Airlines announced their return to the domestic market by re-launching their old route Panama City-David. This route would connect the airports of Tocumen and Enrique Malek in the town of David, near the border with Costa Rica. The president of Panama Juan Carlos Varela was present at the inaugural flight.

This move annoyed Air Panama’s board of directors since they claimed the management of Copa Airlines is not made up fully by Panamanians, a requirement for carriers of Panama who want to operate domestic routes, they were also fearing aggressive and anti-competitive behavior. However, Copa made clear the airline is managed by a board made up by Panamanians, and that 8 of the 11 directors of Copa Holdings, the parent company are Panamanians. Eventually, the Civil Aviation Authority ruled that Copa satisfied with all the requirements.

• Bare metal belly.

• Any registration after HP-1850CMP is also fine.

Imgur

#UpdateTheCopaLivery

6 Likes

More news from Copa Airlines regarding their fleet, it looks like Copa is going MAX more than ever! The CEO announced that the airline expects to have 14 new 737 MAXs by 2023, since the beginning of 2021 the airline received 6 new MAX jets. These airplanes will replace the old ones that have or are in the process of leaving the fleet: the Embraer 190s and the Boeing 737-700s. The Embraer 190s were sold to Alliance Airlines from Australia, and they’re being gradually delivered.

As travel restrictions are lifted, the airline expects to increase their capacity and recover return to pre-pandemic passenger numbers and revenue levels.

As always in every post, I stress and highlight the issues the Copa livery in Infinite Flight has when compared to a real Copa 737-800:

• Bare metal belly.

• HP-1836CMP

This is Copa’s first 737-800 with split scimitar winglets. Other suggestions are the registrations of the youngest 737-800s of their fleet:

• HP-1857CMP
  • HP-1856CMP
  • HP-1855CMP
  • HP-1854CMP
  • HP-1853CMP

Imgur

#UpdateTheCopaLivery

6 Likes

As more passengers return to travel, the Hub of the Americas continues to thrive again. If the video posted below was recorded before 2020, you’d have seen more activity, more trucks going back and forth and more airplanes moving around the apron. But seeing Tocumen Airport active again, it’s a sign that things will be back to normal anytime soon.

#UpdateTheCopaLivery

4 Likes

It’s nice to see Copa recovering along with other airlines! I wonder what capacity they are operating at right now.

1 Like

It’s no surprise that airlines have reported low income levels as a result of the pandemic.

Copa Airlines closed the first quarter of 2021 with $185,7 millions in revenue, compared to last year’s $595,5 millions recorded during the same timeframe. The obvious reason for this are the travel restrictions the world health crisis caused.

Even when the airline tries to rebuild and reconnect with all of their destinations, the CEO recognizes the recovery of air travel in the Americas still faces some challenges, with the increase of COVID-19 cases in Brazil, Venezuela and Chile for example. Although the airline didn’t want to make any short or long-term projections, they estimated to have $260 millions in revenue during the second quarter of 2021, which is only 40% of what they had back in 2019 during the same period of time. They also expect to operate at 45% of capacity during April and June.

Before the pandemic hit, Copa Airlines operated around 2500 weekly flights to 80 destinations, now they operate around 940 weekly flights to 56 destinations.

Despite these challenges, the airline’s management remains optimistic that eventually they’ll be back to operate at 100% in all aspects.

This airline has resisted and been through a lot during their history, its livery in Infinite Flight deserves to be reworked!

As always in every post, I stress and highlight the issues the Copa livery in Infinite Flight has when compared to a real Copa 737-800:

• Bare metal belly.

• HP-1836CMP

This is Copa’s first 737-800 with split scimitar winglets. Other suggestions are the registrations of the youngest 737-800s of their fleet:

• HP-1857CMP
  • HP-1856CMP
  • HP-1855CMP
  • HP-1854CMP
  • HP-1853CMP

Imgur

#UpdateTheCopaLivery

5 Likes

For Copa Airlines, having a flight departing on time is very important to maintain a stable schedule and efficient operations. If you think that having an on-time departure is just pushing back the airplane from the gate a few minutes before the scheduled time, I invite you to read the article below, in which Copa Airlines details their process of preparing a flight, way before it leaves the ground.

• Bare metal belly.

• HP-1836CMP

• HP-1857CMP
  • HP-1856CMP
  • HP-1855CMP
  • HP-1854CMP
  • HP-1853CMP

Imgur

#UpdateTheCopaLivery

7 Likes

Just voted. I hope to see this in game soon!

2 Likes

In this article, the author writes about how is like to work in Copa Airlines. I’ve already talked about many of the things that characterize the airline, but since I’m not a Copa employee, I cannot give y’all a more deep insight into what does it feel like to work at the airline.

But I don’t need to be a Copa employee to know that the airline’s livery in Infinite Flight is outdated when comparing the livery with a real Copa airplane:

• Outdated CopaAirlines logo typography.
  • Missing split scimitar winglets.
  • Missing Star Alliance logo (on both sides between the cockpit windows and the front doors).
  • Missing Bare metal belly.

• HP-1836CMP (Copa’s first 737-800 with split scimitar winglets)

Or one of Copa’s youngest 737-800s:

• HP-1857CMP
  • HP-1856CMP
  • HP-1855CMP
  • HP-1854CMP
  • HP-1853CMP

Imgur

#UpdateTheCopaLivery

7 Likes

Voted! Love the tail section especially 😍

2 Likes

Like many airlines around the world, Copa Airlines had to adapt their operations to what we call now the “new normal.” Below I’m sharing an article summarizing the airline’s efforts to ensure a safe flight to all of its passengers in these times of pandemic.

The airline’s livery in Infinite Flight is outdated when comparing the livery with a real Copa airplane:

• Missing Star Alliance logo (on both sides between the cockpit windows and the front doors).

• HP-1857CMP
  • HP-1856CMP
  • HP-1855CMP
  • HP-1854CMP
  • HP-1853CMP
  • HP-1852CMP
  • HP-1851CMP

Imgur

#UpdateTheCopaLivery

4 Likes

I flew this route into LAS in IF, loved it! Would like to see the new livery in IF.

2 Likes

Have you tried one of Copa’s long 737 flights? There are several options to try, I personally have done all of them, including the airline’s longest flight: MVD-PTY. Most of these flights depart during the afternoon at arrive at night, but if you’re looking for new routes that aren’t that popular, then flying Copa Airlines’ long routes could be your best choice!

Yesterday I flew as CM454 to Buenos Aires, lasting nearly 7 hours, I made sure to have enough fuel for the flight! This screenshot was taken after takeoff from MPTO, you can also see Panama City at the background.

Help me to get this livery updated, so that these and all of Copa’s routes can be more enjoyable in Infinite Flight! Below the issues it currently has:

• HP-1857CMP
  • HP-1856CMP
  • HP-1855CMP
  • HP-1854CMP
  • HP-1853CMP
  • HP-1852CMP (this one here is their 100th airplane!)
  • HP-1851CMP

Imgur

#UpdateTheCopaLivery

4 Likes

It’s been 3 months since I started intensively bumping this topic, in an effort to have this livery updated. It’s not just any livery, this one is from one of the leading airlines in Latin America, the most punctual airline and with a operation model that has made them a very efficient airline.

When I first started bumping this topic everyday, I thought I’d be alone in this crusade (yes, this is a crusade for me) since it’s not a popular livery and it’s often mistakenly called a “knock-off” of United/Continental’s livery, but I was able to get a significant amount of support and votes from people, and the praise of people who have noted the amount of time and information I put on my posts has also made this topic more relevant.

Unfortunately this campaign is not over, the outdated Copa livery still remains a pending task for the Infinite Flight folks. I don’t want to continue this for any longer, but it’s a mission I embarked on and I have to complete it, and it will be completed when the livery in Infinite Flight is reworked.

Help me to get this livery updated in Infinite Flight! Below the issues it currently has:

• HP-1857CMP (youngest 737-800 of the fleet)
  • HP-1856CMP
  • HP-1855CMP
  • HP-1854CMP
  • HP-1853CMP
  • HP-1852CMP (100th airplane)
  • HP-1851CMP

#UpdateTheCopaLivery

6 Likes

Since 1994, Copa Airlines has a tradition of inviting children (mostly from orphanages or of low income) to fulfil their dreams of flying on an airplane. This activity is regularly held in December, as a Christmas gift for the children who participate in this event. Last year the pandemic made it impossible to have this wonderful time for children, it’s not clear if Copa Airlines will do it again this year, but I hope they will do it again.

Help me to get this livery updated in Infinite Flight! Below the issues it currently has:

• HP-1857CMP (youngest 737-800 of the fleet)
  • HP-1856CMP
  • HP-1855CMP
  • HP-1854CMP
  • HP-1853CMP
  • HP-1852CMP (100th airplane)
  • HP-1851CMP

source

#UpdateTheCopaLivery

4 Likes