Controlling on an iPhone 7

Hey guys, I’m curious as to whether controlling on a phone presents an added challenge for ATC. I’ve been interested in the ATC aspect of the sim for a long time but I feel having such a small screen would make controlling a lot more difficult than flying. If I could get some feedback from some of the experienced controllers here that would be fantastic! Have a good one and thank you!

2 Likes

Ooh. I remember seeing @GHamsz controlling Munich with such ease and control on a big screen. Makes me extremely jealous! I personally can’t control on a small device. I don’t know, I guess I’m clumsy. I hit buttons that I shouldn’t, and then it’s hard for me to hit the “I’m sorry” button.

1 Like

It’s possible but you need to get used to it. Try it out regularly, personally, I don’t think it’s that bad considering I usually use my iPad.

I do it on my iPhone 7, I don’t have a problem.

I used to controller TWR/GND on my old iPhone 6, which is the same size as the 7…
No issues at all, but i could never go back to doing it after using my iPad Pro 9,7"

5 Likes

I use and iPhone 8 (same size as the 7) and find it ok and good to use. You have to be careful you pick the right the plane and sometimes especially on approach you’ll need to zoom in to ensure your sending the right plane in the right direction. It’s possible but if you have an option for a larger screen then take it.

2 Likes

I found it more of a struggle then being worth it. 7+ here, just prefer my iPad.

I’m currently in the IFATC program and I use the iPhone 7… yea it’s a bit difficult but you get used to it. Why don’t you create an event for aircraft to do patternwork to get a hold of it?

1 Like

I control on my iPhone 7 sometimes. I don’t have any issues and Infinite Flight runs like a dream on it :) If I’m controlling on expert though you do have to be extra careful in what you press. I mainly use my iPad Air 2, 9.7 inch and it’s the best.

1 Like

I use the iPad Pro 10.5, I can never stand the small screen on my iPhone so I got an iPad. On the iPhone it’s all squeezed into a tiny space. Makes my eyes hurt 👀 lol

1 Like

Thanks for the response, I’m not worried about performance at all just ease of use.

1 Like

Thanks for the input everyone, your opinions will be taken into consideration!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.