Controlling Lisbon Initial Approach Using the Door Method! - IFATC Timelapse

Hey y’all!

I’m back again with another IFATC timelapse! For this one I controlled Initial Approach at Lisboa Humberto Delgado Airport in Portugal for one of the busiest radar sessions I have ever had! We utilized the door method to control the flow of traffic. This involved me bringing aircraft from right downwind, to right crosswind, to left upwind, and finally to left downwind before handing off to final approach. The result is a pattern that resembles a doorway, thus its name - the door! With over 1000 ATC operations, this session was an absolute blast to control. A huge thanks to @WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot who took on Final Approach for this session, and everyone else who helped out on local!

As always, feel free to comment of you see yourself flying in or out, and I hope y’all enjoy this one as much as I did!

Server: Expert
Airport: Humberto Delgado Airport (LPPT)
Runways in Use:
Landing: 21
Departing: 21
Controllers:
Ground/Tower/ATIS: @Rovanpera / @Lupo_Sanvito
Initial Approach: @JAR
Final Approach: @WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

25 Likes

Was a pleasure! Busiest session for me as well 💚

1 Like

Pleasure was all mine! :)

2 Likes

This was absolutely amazing and a ton of fun to fly! I had the pleasure of interacting with you twice because of a G/A and I enjoyed the whole process so much! (I was Air Baltic 03VA)

1 Like

That’s awesome to hear! I see that you were the start of when I cut the left upwind width when traffic started to die down, that was a cool moment! Glad you enjoyed the approach, and even the G/A, not many would be so excited about a G/A haha

Im loving these videos, keep doing them!

1 Like

How to make Timelapse like that?

1 Like

Tap Portugal next.

1 Like

It was awesome! I wasn’t excited about the G/A at the moment, but looking back, it’s just so fun to have an approach with full ATC!

1 Like

Amazing controlling, another reason why Lisbon shouldn’t get that much traffic…

2 Likes

Thanks mate, I appreciate it!

1 Like

I screen record the session and then use a video editor to speed it up about 60x

I was controlling initial approach there earlier that morning for the Flash Flight if that counts, haha

Thank you! And I couldn’t agree more… lol

2 Likes

Haha me too.

1 Like

I cannot believe I missed this busy of an airspace 😭

1 Like

Alpine 9636. I think i see why i was sent twice now. The changeover of ATC happened right as i was about to turn onto left downwind for the active runway. It must’ve looked like i had arrived from SE direction to you, so you sent me round again.

1 Like

i remember you being a few aircraft ahead of me haha

1 Like

That’s awesome! I was on a group flight with some of my buddies, but had to use flight resume, and couldn’t land with them, but this was the most fun approach I’ve ever done

2 Likes