Controlling ATC in Training Server. Total chaos

(This is also more of a feature suggestion)

I don’t know what IF can do about this, but when I was controlling EGLL, many many different people would keep requesting even when not first in line, or even while taxiing. I even kept sending the announcement “only request takeoff when first in line” yet these guys wouldn’t stop. Also, a lot even tend to go to the other side of the runway when it is clearly marked as RED. Others would enter the runway when I tell them to “hold short” and some even takeoff when I only tell them to “line up and wait” Also, the moment I loaded in, I instantly got 10+ messages and I’m not even kidding. Some people should learn how to use ATC and stop spamming 5 messages in a minute. (One guy did that…) (And yea I know, I almost got ghosted for accidentally sending a second message under pressure on Expert Server… But still…)

And there are also those guys who literally keep doing touch and go’s in such as busy airport. They also even enter final, cut other planes, and land sometimes without permission. You guys gotta somehow fix this. Maybe by adding a 30 sec wait time after you sent a message?

5 Likes

Unfortunately i know your pain. Training server is exactly as it’s stated. Learn what you can, practice as if you’re on expert. get a tracking thread going and power through.

You’ll get there in no time

6 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if some of them were just fresh off the Casual Server…

3 Likes

Yup. A good chance you’re right. Take advantage of situations where the TS guys follow directions, learn from situations you find yourself in with people that don’t, it’ll have you prepared for expert because it can be just as bad, you just have the power to do something about it

1 Like

I used to control on Training all the time but since the devs took away the “follow instructions or you will be ghosted” and “check the forum for assistance using ATC instructions” commands it has become, as you said, total chaos. I no longer find it fun to control when people just do their own thing and pay absolutely no attention to ATC. Atleast those commands made the people think they would get ghosted if they continued do not listen even though most of us can’t ghost people. Something should be done about this because there’s no fun in it whatsoever anymore.

7 Likes

I recommend opening smaller airports, the bigger ones like EGLL, KLAX, and KSFO are impossible. Try EGLC, KPSP etc.
also like @mwe2187 said, open a tracking thread and join IFATC where you won’t be disrespected like that.

6 Likes

You have to know where to train to get the best chance for oppurtunites to learn something. You should take a look at the following links and continue to read/watch the #tutorials category and the Infinite Flight ATC youtube channel.

1 Like

Yea. IF gotta fix ATC on the Training Server. We should be able to at least give them a warning.

1 Like

Exactly. I agree with that

Yeah this has a been a issue for a while now… I myself didn’t knew lots of basic things until I joined IFC I used to look at other people and do what they did some of them don’t know how to use Unicom and what speeds they should be traveling at on ground and in air. Especially in busy airports like EGLL/KLAX it’s a race for the hold short line they will taxi through each other/grass at speeds up to 75 kts picking up several violations Plus they don’t know how to wait for a aircraft to land they don’t even bother looking up the map for incoming aircrafts we have casual server for that type of stuff TS shouldn’t be as strict as expert but it shouldn’t be like casual server with ATC also

1 Like

In my opinion casual should be left for the trolls. TS1 shouldn’t be accessible if you have racked a certain amount of violations. Correct me if I’m wrong You can be grade 2 and be on TS1 with as many violations as you want this I think should change.

2 Likes

This is, unfortunately, training server for you. I suggest opening something like a tracking thread if you want to open and have people who know what they’re doing or won’t troll come to your sessions. This can also help you reach something like IFATC, where you can control on the Expert Server.

1 Like

Welcome to reality! PPl are taxiing barely sub-rotation speed, Spawning an A380 at GA spots just to minimize taxi time, request taxi immediately without pushbacking, crossing runways and what not. I feel like that belongs in casual, and training should be serious people practicing to join Expert.

3 Likes

Correct me if I am wrong, but ATC can use any sides of the runway no matter their marking.

In Your scenario they just didn’t obey.

2 Likes

I understand what has been said but it is exactly what is says it is " A Training Server" But how will pilots learn if they keep making the same mistakes or blatently flouting the rules of flying. If they wamt to do what they want regardless of others they should go to casual. IF is meant to be as realistic as possible and in the real world they not even get near a runway if they behaved as badly. Do you think a TS2 could be introduced with stricter controles for ATC

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.