Controlling at KASE ( ADV server)

Just a pointer for anyone controlling at KASE on ANY servers. Due to the mountains there is one way into the airport ( 15) and one way OUT which is 33 !

Aspen is a high altitude airport (7800ft) and aircraft are unable to take off using 15 without flying into a mountain! The single ILS is a bit, of a give away.

PLEASE can controllers, especially on advanced, take the time to study the sector plates and even flight tracker to see what traffic does IRL. It helps to make it a more realistic and enjoyable for all.

16 Likes

i was the controller in kase in the last 1,1/2 h, what you said make sense but i cleared for takeoff almost 30 plane and no one had problem,so you can takeoff from R15.
thank you.

1 Like

With 40+ flights inbound, how would this work? You would most definitely rip your hair from your skull. Controlling KASE on it’s own is a challenging enough.

5 Likes

Well how do they do it IRL if what @David_Lockwood says is trueÂż

1 Like

exact, it becomes impossible without approach, also because I had so many inbound

2 Likes

@Furtive_masstwofourf @Phoenix1 Remember KASE in the real world is a very small airport and doesn’t receive lots of traffic like it does in IF.

5 Likes

Now that makes sense

1 Like

Exactly what CptNathan said. You don’t have 40+ aircraft coming in at one time :) The largest aircraft I think that flies there is a ERJ… Maybe an A320… Things needed for this to work…

Time

Followed instructions

More controlling commands :)

1 Like

Does any plane larger than 757 or a321 land there?

image This was a few hours ago on the Advanced Server

2 Likes

and you know how many heavy i get inbound and denied,so sequence again,people that dont know the difference btw backtaxi and takeoff…

no,but you know…i denied all bigger of a321

2 Likes

Per Title X of the Pitkin County Code, the airport has several unique operating limitations. Due to non-standard runway/taxiway separation, the airport has a 95 ft (29 m) aircraft wingspan limitation. Aircraft weight is restricted to 100,000 pounds (45,000 kg) maximum certificated gross landing weight or less. The Aspen – Pitkin County Airport also has an airport operating curfew. No aircraft operations are permitted between 23:00 local and 07:00 local. No aircraft departures are permitted after 22:30 local. FAR Part 36 Stage II aircraft operations are not permitted more than 30 minutes after official sunset.[5]

• courtesy of Wikipedia.
6 Likes

There should be a command that allows you to give aircraft a turn heading with your takeoff clearance. (American 26, cleared for takeoff runway 33 then turn right 045 degrees). In that way, APPR can have aircraft on a 30 degree intercept going 120 for runway 15, so all aircraft have proper spacing and there’s no danger.

7 Likes

Well, if pilots were to follow the departure plate for KASE, they would see that the departure involves an immediate right turn followed by a left turn hugging the mountains to the west. That would take care of traffic conflicts.

5 Likes

Yes I know you where the controller…they might have made it…but it was close and certainly IRL would not have happened. However to be fair IRL there isn’t as many movements in an hour so there is space to operate the runway correctly.

1 Like

““and you know how many heavy i get inbound and denied,so sequence again,people that dont know the difference btw backtaxi and takeoff…””

Think you did a great job…I heard you tell some of the heavys to go away! As others have said in the real world ASPEN doesn’t get half as much traffic in and out. Perhaps it is a problem of being too successful? !?

1 Like

This need to be a feature

1 Like

Well best wishes…it’s like chasing Heavies out of KNUC let alone commercial.it’ll need effort!

Actually KASE gets a lot of traffic IRL