Controlling at 3D airports

Hey IFATC,

I’m curious about your first impressions controlling the new 3D airports. What are your thoughts? Better? Confusing because you can’t see the planes as fast as before?

Please share your thoughts.

2 Likes

I love it. I think it adds an extra level of realism and makes controlling even more enjoyable.

7 Likes

sure thing. I think pilots will even stay longer at their arrival / departure airport making the ground procedure more realistic for both sides.

2 Likes

The hardest part I’m noticing is having a hard time seeing the planes when they’re at certain gates cause they’re kind of hidden behind the buildings and you can’t get a clear view of them from the control tower which is why we need a ground tower view for every ground tower so we can see the planes better on ground frequency

1 Like

My first impression as well. Maybe it would be helpful to set up to 3-4 free cameras similar to the new plane drone cameras …

1 Like

I think it would be better if the ground towers had a ground tower of you and you can switch between the two or three or more Ground towers that are stationed in a different part of the airport in real life

It actually gives us a reason to report for taxing through buildings. Also they have 0 excuse :)

2 Likes

:D yep thats true.

More realistic indeed. But for the purpose of getting a better overview drones would be the thing. But maybe I´m wrong on that. Just my opinion.

We could do something like having more than one free cam so we can set up different spots to view the planes. Just a thought…

1 Like

Right, that’s what I meant with drones. The benefit of free cams would be that you’re able to have the y-axis for free movement instead of the fix height of towers.

1 Like

Absolutely AMAZING! I now have to use freecam and actually LOOK because I can’t see most planes due to the buildings!

1 Like

well, nothing changed for me, I always use black as my control background, unless there’s ground conflict

1 Like

No change for me just a bit more traffic

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.