Controller of The Month Award

Okay. I don’t know what the prize would be, except for bragging rights. But for the month of March, I’d like to nominate Marcello M. Got his stuff together. He makes it a pleasure to fly on IF.

12 Likes

Don’t you mean February? :)

2 Likes

Nah, March…since it’s tomorrow

whats the point of this?

3 Likes

It’d actually be February. The month of March has not passed, therefore, it’s February.

5 Likes

If you have to ask…you’ll never know.

3 Likes

Thanks Mate!!!really appreciate!!

10 Likes

Congrats @MarcelloM.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t you pick someone at the end of the month? 😂
Not a the the beginning of a new one?

7 Likes

I hate to be the one to burst the bubble, but what about all the other guys? The issue with a controller of the month kind of thing is that it throws sand in the face of the people who work just as hard to provide service. We have many radar controllers who are well qualified and switch shifts every so often. That’s like ignoring somebody who happened to be directing approach services one hour before the next guy got on, and you caught that guy instead.

Yes, that’s great. I applaud Marcello for his fantastic job. Not the only fish in the sea, though.

19 Likes

Josh, do not be so precise, let me live this moment of glory!😜

15 Likes

Well done. @MarcelloM

Yes Joshua is correct. Everyone is a winner. I think we should also do away with any form of recognition because if one person is recognized everyone else might cry and we need to protect their fragile feelings for them.

9 Likes

I controlled on TS1 once, where is my participation trophy…
But seriously,
Well done @MarcelloM you really are one of the best controllers in IF for sure, your recognition here is well deserved. If anything this should ante up the already great ATC service we get in the expert server

3 Likes

I personally don’t care about operations and I more so believe the real people who work are the people who put in 10+ hours a week. That’s crazy commitment to our team! I may make the weekly operations list but those who put in a bunch of hours should really be the one’s who get praised for their service. Congratulations @MarcelloM, another great IFAE controller!

1 Like

I hope someone kidnaps you and uses brass knuckles to beat you bloody and lay you by the wayside of a ditch, AR. Happy smiley face for your sensitive feelings. :D

But you know what I mean. There are plenty of Garys, Tims, Marcellos, and various others out there.

4 Likes

I like this idea. It is nice to show recognition for someone every once and awhile.

Let’s pick an IFATC member each month to thank for their help!

1 Like

OK you get to pick next month.

1 Like

This thread will serve no constructive purpose. Our ATC community is composed of many very talented controllers. Each of whom have been hand picked to attain the quality we strive for. While none of us are perfect we pride ourselves on having a professional, open ATC environment which enhances the flight experience for all users. Many have contributed to make “Advanced ATC” what you see in its current form. Thus instead of singling out specific individuals lets just say all of out controllers are appreciated equally.

Heavy Driver
ATC MOD

8 Likes

I’ll second that. ☝️

1 Like