Controller change at KEWR?

I’m approaching KEWR in Expert Server and ATC just went offline. Is it a controller change? Thanks!

1 Like

Unfortunately there will be no controller change as of now. If there was one immediately planned, the controller would broadcast the “Controller change is in progress” message.

2 Likes

@BoeingA320 So ATC just decided to leave at 10:39pm EST?!

IFATC are only required to control for 1 hour. After that hour they are allowed to leave at any time, with 5 minute notice given to other controllers.

Well that sucks! I was planning for my first ATC approach in Expert Server!

1 Like

Yeah traffic and ATC really dies down at this time, the Europeans are asleep and Americans seem to prefer flying earlier so traffic is at a minimum leaving the amount of airports requiring any ATC service minimal. Better luck tomorrow!! The expert server is fantastic!

I guess so! Relatively speaking KEWR is still busy. There’s a few aircraft on the ground and plenty inbound!

I suggest aiming for 1400-2000 Zulu time for best coverage and reliability. Also, THe airport with most ground aircraft is where controllers will stay, not the most inbounds per say

1 Like

@BadPlane Thanks for that! I expected it to still be open since region changes occur at 0600Z.

1 Like

Newark is open again. How convinient.

2 Likes

@Yacht did you do that just for me?!!

Yes, but most contollers do there hour not in Airports, but also in radar and the new center control. Center is a especially popular i assume for the busier because if they cant do a high stress airport, they just do a more layed back center control.

2 Likes

Well, you have to consider that the majoirty of pilots and controller are in Europe and North America. As mentioned above, ES is most active and busy during times when both Europe and NA are in daylight.

Right now, its 2am in the UK, and 11pm on the eastern seaboard of NA, so you can imagine, most people are going to sleep

3 Likes

Thanks a ton @Yacht! I’m LYVA001 and @EAK209 (the OP) is LYVA007.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.