Continental DC-10

Ah, the Concorde murderer.

14 Likes

People don’t really get over it, do they?

1 Like

Nope. I feel I was cheated out of flying on the Concorde because of that incident.

113 were cheated out of their life.

2 Likes

The quoting really gets on my nerves now.

The main reason the Concorde went out of business was its profitability. People weren’t interested in paying so much money in that travel when planes were getting much more efficient. That plane was nearly 40 years old, after all.

1 Like

Please get back on topic.

With fuel burn and engine shutoff coming, it’d be interesting to see how the DC10 will perform if added with just two or even one engine running.

I know we have Engine shutoff but do we have it individually? because that would be cool.

1 Like

I didn’t think of that, presumably so as one of the reason for its request to add is to taxi with one engine.

Don’t get me wrong. I still hold a grudge on the DC10, but am interested in it as a test subject.

It would probably crash, with two, or one running. Various crashes happened that way (like UA 232) as the DC10 wasn’t great at running itself without all of its engines like today’s planes can. The tail engine was next to what controlled the hydraulic systems, so if you lost that one, you’re screwed! Anyhow, it would still be cool to have the DC10 in IF!

1 Like

Do you have proof engine shutoff is coming?

And this should be added I love the continental livery.

Airplanes don’t just crash because of loss of power. The whole reason the DC-10 had three engines was in case one (or two failed), UA 232 was an explosive failure of the fan disk which took out the hydraulics. They had to fly it down steering via thrust differential like JAL 123.

I don’t see IF creating hydraulic dependencies on specific engines like IRL.

1 Like

If you don’t love the DC-10/MD-11 you should go away from earth and go to Mars or something

jk

1 Like

Honestly we just need tri jets in general

3 Likes

Beautiful love the wake turbulence

2 Likes

Need this and all of the MD and DC aircraft.

1 Like

One of my favourite classics!

1 Like

I agree with you!

1 Like

Yeah, it’s real nice huh

1 Like

Wow, happy B-DAY!

1 Like

Looks awesome!

1 Like

☺️ Yeah, Happy Birthday to you too :-)