Contacting Center

Hello,

Just wondering that I have an issue with contacting center mostly at cruise on long hauls. It shows that bold white line around the airspace but it’s not showing up on my coms. Even when I try the other way of going through the map version it’s shades out the tune icon.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks y’all!

1 Like

Are you in Australia right now? That’s where I am curently.

1 Like

Yes. Western Australia

1 Like

You would only be able to tune into Center if you’re within 405NM from the emitter. Is this condition satisfied by any chance?

2 Likes

No like i’m in Melbourne Center airspace and in the white bold line but I still can’t connect

This was happening yesterday on my way to Dubai but once I started decent it let me connect to center

I’m in Brisbane Center.

The emitter airport (airport opened by the center controller) appears to be YSSY at the moment. Are you within 405NM of the airport? If not, that means you’d be out of range :)

2 Likes

No I am not

In that case you would be out of range :). At the moment you’re only able to tune into center if you’re within 405NM from the airport opened by the center controller.

1 Like

Interesting fact there 🤔

1 Like

Yea because you can see i’m in the airspace. I never heard that before

(Bottom right shows that i’m in Melbourne airspace)

1 Like

Melbourne FIR is a large airspace and may probably cause device issues for a controller if the entire region was covered. At the moment, Center controllers can only communicate with aircraft if they’re within 405NM radius from the airport they’re providing service from.

5 Likes

Both FIR’s just closed.

1 Like

Well hopefully this fixes with the new ATC changes coming next month🤞

1 Like

Yup. Hope so.

isn’t the purpose of Center is to control the whole air space or am I wrong?

Elaborate? What changes? Where can I learn about them?

That’s correct, but at the moment Center controllers can only communicate with aircrafts within 405NM radius from the airport they’re providing service from due to in-app limitations. Hence, their lateral jurisdiction would either end at the airspace boundaries or the 405NM radius, whichever come first :)

2 Likes