Contacting a user

I was flying into jfk this morning and I had a user spamming to contact the tower four times in a row less then 5 seconds. I was completely out of range. i was in virginia when they did this. I wanted to discuss this with the user but I cant because their user name on the app doesn’t match the user’s account on here. is their a way to find this user?

Hello and welcome back! I completely understand where you’re coming from since this has happened to me many times before while on the training server. However, I don’t believe there is a way you’ll be able to find them if they don’t seem to have an account, as you said. Once you make it to the expert server, however, you won’t have this problem. :)

Thank you for the welcome back :) and I see. Maybe I should try the expect server I’m just worried that sometimes I’m at work or I fly overnight and I might miss someone trying to contact me while flying to my destination. Lately, I’ve been flying from Hawaii to New York and vice versa.

If you’re at cruise level and over flying the airport, you definitely won’t get in trouble as you are not in ATC’s airspace :)

Welcome back!

1 Like

To be brutally honest, don’t bother with it. It’s called training server for a reason, and it’s likely not worth your time and effort to contact the user. Yes this is unrealistic, which is why the expert server exists. If you’re looking for a more realistic experience, be sure to fly on expert server, you won’t regret it.

1 Like

You should give the expert server a shot! It’s a much more realistic environment. Also, don’t worry about ATC…Other IFATC along with myself are trained not to On Guard you if you’re not in our airspace. Besides, we can usually tell from looking at your aircraft if you’re near your device or not, so don’t stress about it!

Is it a secret or can you tell me how you do that?

1 Like

I may be blind or stupid, but what are you wanting to know?

Not all users are members of the community. Training Server requires some leeway as many people are learning. If the user wanted to be found they usually keep the same name that you can find on here.

3 Likes