Constant Trust Level Questions

So I’m on the IFC page about every day and I get at least 2 notifications a day from posts asking about how to get to certain trust levels. I feel like there should be a pinned post somewhere on General or Meta about the requirements for certain trust levels. It would be easy to find for new people and it would also greatly lower the amount of similar questions about how to get to TL2. This is just my opinion, but I think that it’s a good idea. Feel free to give me feedback on this.

1 Like

I believe upon joining members get a message describing the system. Why these topics are still created is a mystery to me. Maybe include it in the “How to Use the IFC” thread? Anything past that seems redundant to me.

3 Likes

So these are pinned topics in the #meta category, and both of these two topics below contain information about trust levels:

Sadly people won’t read things that are written in front of them. Look for example, whenever there is a large scale issue with the application, the staff will pin a message as a banner at the top of the screen. This will show up on the forum until it is manually dismissed, and people still make topics about that issue, even though the information is right there in front of them 🤷

Not really much you can do about it

2 Likes

How are you getting notifications for these? Do you get a notification for every new topic?

2 Likes

If I could be honest this is a good idea, but not really necessary. If someone needs help in regards of trust levels, the active members of the community is here to help. Most users are new when asking such questions, which means we guide them to the relevant topics that will provide information for new people such as “The beginners Guide to the Forum” and “Why have I not reached the Trust Level (TL) yet?”.

Oh yes. @Kirito_77 mentioned something that some users won’t really understand or read the guidelines anyways and ask the community instead.

2 Likes

The requirements are not public to stop people from farming, by the way.

1 Like

This is a very good point, and I agree. The community is definitely here to help!

Yes, there is an option to enable the notifications for any new topic that appears on #meta.

2 Likes

Ok, I see. @Captain_Benji if you don’t want to receive notifications for this, I would just suggest turning them off for #meta

1 Like

I have my trust level set to watching 1st post.

I like to help people - so I have this setting on for meta just in case something catches my eye that I could help with.

1 Like

Oh ok that does make a lot of sense.

1 Like

Ah, thanks! I guess I’m not one of those people who read these things either - and I kinda feel bad about that now. This is really helpful!

Yeah, I would agree. I don’t know exactly if the meta topic is for this or not, but I feel like there should be a whole topic on the technical IFC stuff.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.