My Infinite Flight is constantly crashing can someone please help
I agree ,mine has done it too, I normally just hit wait and continue on.
I think this should be in support
Have you tried some of the following steps:
Restarting your app completely, making sure to clear it from the background.
Clearing your scenery cache. (Settings > General > Clear Scenery Cache) Then restarting your device and app.
Lowering your graphic settings.
Also as mentioned by @Michael_Sides1 this should be in support.
I flagged this post for moderation to be moved to support so that you can get better help on this matter
Just a heads up for future reference, you don’t need to flag a post for the topic category to be changed. The original poster can change the topic category themselves.
Wait how? I don’t even know how to do that
I’ll PM you, so we don’t clog this topic up.
So I wake up and I try to play Infinite Flight and it is not cooperating. Every time I try to open the app it crashes. I do not know what to do. I’ve tried clearing the cache, but nothing works. Also I have deleted and reinstalled the app and everything and it still has not worked
This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.
I’ll go ahead and post the first productive response. May you tell us the following.
- What device do you use?
- What version?
- Do you use wifi or another network to run infinite flight?
- Have you had this problem prior to the last update?
I look forward to your reply.
Well is your device up to date? and same with IF
Thanks for being the first (realistically 2nd) person to actually give help and try to push this forward…
And yes I did add more here so people can look in one area rather than many, which as an IF pilot, I’m sure most people here do.
In order to fix this issue, I have taken a question from the support thread and will post it here. Make sure you have a look at FAQ if your issue could be similar to the questions in FAQ otherwise you can make a support topic about the issue you’re having.
What do I do if I experience app crashes or lag?
General tips regardless of device:
- Turn Limit Frame Rate ON (box should be ticked) if you notice that your device tends to heat up or if you are experiencing lag. A device that heats up too much is more likely to suffer performance degradation which could lead to lag and app crashes.
- Infinite Flight doesn’t take up a specific amount of storage, it can change depending on the area you’re flying in etc. We therefore recommend that you always have at least 1GB of storage available on your device.
- Before longer flights, it is advised to reboot your device and close any apps running in the background to enhance your experience.
- It is possible to fly and charge the device at the same time. The key to this is to use less power than being charged. One way to accomplish this is lower your screen brightness and ensure Infinite Flight’s low power mode is enabled.
- Disable active ad or message blocking apps
- Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device
- Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device
- Lower Infinite Flight graphics and performance settings
- Lower the Rendering Resolution setting.
- Disable Anti-Aliasing.
- Lower the Rendering Quality setting.
- Lower the Texture Quality setting.
At any point if you’re experiencing decreased performance, “Limit frame rate” should always be ticked. This setting can have a great negative impact on performance unless your device is considered high performance.
General iOS tips:
- One great thing to do before launching Infinite Flight, is to perform a soft restart of the device. This is a quick and reliable way of making sure your device is operating at peak efficiency. This is done by holding down the power/lock button until you see “Slide to power off”. Then hold down the home button until you’re returned to the home screen. For iOS devices without a Home button, a restart is recommended as the soft restart feature does not exist on those.
- Make sure you don’t have “Low power mode” on your iPhone. If you have, the battery icon in the top right corner is yellow. This can be deactivated from Settings -> Battery, or from “Control Center” depending on how you have it set up. Having “Low power mode” enabled while using Infinite Flight could result in a performance degradation.
Note : This is not the same as “Low power mode” in Infinite Flight. This is a device function.
General Android tips:
- Make sure you have Android Battery Saver disabled. Having this enabled can cause a lot of degradation in terms of both storage, performance and network.
- Newer Android devices may work fine with Anti-Aliasing on. Turning this off can help performance for older/less powerful Android models.
- Some devices (ie Samsung) may have a Game Tuner app to enhance the performance of games. While some users have not seen an issue there is a number who have. It is best to run IF by itself instead of through a game tuner.
If none of the suggestions above helps:
As a final resort, reset the device to factory settings. Be sure to back up all important data on your device first.
Hopefully this can be useful information to you in fixing the app!
Thank you but I have already tried it
Read all of it, there is a last resort if necessary.