Constant crashing of app

During any Long flight above 6 hours, my IF will suddenly crash and I will loose all my progress! This has happened over 5 days now and I’m not very happy as I’m paying for a service and it’s not working :( Nothing to do with battery or over heating! Please help

What device do you use?

Include as much information as possible because only then can we help you

I am using an IPad Air 2

What settings everything on high or what?

iOS 11.4 is its software

Settings are on High & High

Hello
Before every flight try closing all the background apps also try restarting device and clearing Cache

Do you use limit frame rate?

@Brad_Jones ^

I have reset the cashe on multiple occasions and done a factory reset on my iPad. 30 FPS using the 10fps for long hauls

Have you given medium or low graphics a try? Do you have anti-aliasing on? Might help out a lot to just turn them down a bit.

One I have taken off, all graphics go onto lowest settings and aa is on

Are they on high and high, or on the lowest settings? It seems like you are saying 2 different things.

I take off on high and once past 5000ft I turn everything down to low for the entire flight. Inc brightness of screen etc. This preserves battery life and load on my iPad. I then turn everything back up to high settings for approach, landing and taxi in

1 Like

Only on high for say 10/15 mins before low for 12 hours etc

I’m really no expert here so I will let someone else finish this one up. Just tried to help out since it looked like you were using high settings the whole time, but you are not. Good luck!

I was on a 777 flight from London to Singapore with just under 5 hours when I was looking at my flight plan before the app just crashed. This has happened on 4 occasions now

Thanks 🙏 will need it tbh

1 Like

Please answer my question, I have an air 2 with no issues so I can hopefully assist you.

Do you use limit frame rate?

I use limit frame rate

I take off on high graphics and once past 5000ft I turn everything down to low for the entire flight. Inc brightness of screen etc. This preserves battery life and load on my iPad. I then turn everything back up to high settings for approach, landing and taxi in