Hello my connection to my live sever is not working and I have reset my internet, restated my phone, and re-installed the game and it is still not working. Plz help.
What kind of device do you have? and is IF currently up to date? And same with the android or apple device you are using?
I have an iPhone 6s and yes everything is up to date, I was flying perfectly fine earlier today and this problem just happened out of the blue.
Have you tried something simple, closing IF in the background and fully restarting your phone?
Just a random thought:
Are you using any VPN of some sort?
Yes I have reset my phone and close the game, and I am not using any sort of VPN
Have you tried changing your internet/WiFi connection or try using a cellular connection?
Yes I have
Your internet could show full bars but be terribly slow, there’s ways to test it, via google look up something like “Internet speed test” or something like that, and if it’s taking long times so load, maybe call your provider and get more information from them
The Casual Server seems to be working perfectly for me currently. Does this happen to all three servers?
Yes it happens on all three severs
@schyllberg hopefully will be able to get more technical with it, as you’ve done everything suggested and that would’ve been suggested, you’ve said you’ve done already so…
Please try the following to resolve your connectivity issue:
Reboot your device
This should always be the first step to resolve any issue. Sometimes the server issue is temporary so waiting a short period of time and/or rebooting may help.
Switch between network types (WIFI/Cellular)
If you are on wifi, try cellular if you can. If you are on cellular, try a wifi connection and see if it is any different.
Try a different network
For troubleshooting, try a different network and see if the results are different.
Toggle airplane mode
– Shut down IF
– Go into airplane mode on your device for 40-60 seconds
– Turn airplane mode off. This causes your device to reconnect to your network and solves the problem for some.
VPN or Proxy
Ensure you are not on a VPN network or behind a proxy. These will often block the necessary UDP ports for a successful connection to the live server.
Reset device network settings
Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.
From the Home screen, navigate: Apps icon Apps icon > Settings > Backup and reset
Tap Reset network settings.
Tap RESET SETTINGS.
If applicable, enter the PIN, password, fingerprint or pattern then tap RESET SETTINGS again to confirm.
Update wifi DNS settings
In some cases you may need to update your devices DNS settings on wifi to use google’s DNS.
Here’s how to change your iPhone’s DNS servers:
- From the iPhone’s home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi. The available wireless networks in range of your iPhone appear, as shown below.
- Find your wireless network in the list, and then click the arrow.
- Tap the DNS field.
- Delete the current DNS servers, and enter the new DNS servers. (If you enter more than one DNS server, be sure sure to separate the servers with commas.)
- To use Google DNS, enter 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
- Re-launch IF
- Open the Settings on the device.
- Select “Wi-Fi”.
- Long press your current network, then select “Modify network”.
- Mark “Show advanced options” check box.
- Change “IP settings” to “Static”
- Change DNS1 to 184.108.40.206
- Change DNS2 to 220.127.116.11
- Press “Save” button, disconnect from the network, and reconnect for changes to take effect.
The DNS can only be changed while on WIFI.
Please make sure you try all the listed steps as described above.
If you have tried all of the steps above, please reply to us with the following information:
- Your device model
- Your Infinite Flight version (This can be found in the top left corner after tapping “About” in the app)
- Connection type, cell/wifi. If cellular, please name the network provider (Verizon, T-Mobile, etc)
- Country you’re currently in
- Please list any of the steps above you have already tried and their results.
It appears that my cellular and VPN work
You shouldn’t be using a VPN with IF as it can and cause issues. Most times will… If i read that right
Seems like issue is with your service provider for WiFi in that case. Which is it and which country are you in?
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.