Connect to Approach

Hey, its me again.
So I was doing a flight from Pairs to Heathrow and Heathrow approach told me to contact the approach. However, I was out of range and could not connect. The controller asked me about 3 more times and then I had to quit the flight.
What should I have done in that situation?
Thanks!

Were you on ES? If so, try to PM the controller.

2 Likes

On TS1, you just ignore until you are available to connect when 50nm. Or you can PM the controller if he/she have IFC. If it on ES then PM the controller.

1 Like

I was on the training sever

1 Like

You couldve clicked the airport and tune in from the airport information or just wait till your in range.

Depend on the range, so it mean you will not able to tune in the frequency about 100nm if you are using the airport information.

1 Like

No need to quit your flight. Training Server ATC can sometimes be inexperienced, and if you’d like to ensure you always get high quality service, I recommend you work to Grade 3, so you can fly on the ES.

1 Like

Since this was on training server I’m afraid there is nothing you can do accept what @AsternAviation said. Just work to grade three and you will reach it eventually.

1 Like

this very same thing happened to me yesterday and I could not do either options until I was in range and by that time the controller had decided to go off. it is extremely frustrating I tried looking for the guy on IFc with no joy

1 Like

That’s what makes it hard to expect these ATC to know what they’re doing. Most of them don’t have an IFC account, haven’t watched the tutorials, etc.

1 Like

maybe that should be part of the subscription that they must make an IFC account and watch the basic tutorial before being let loose

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.