Congrats on Making it to Expert, Want to Stay There? Follow these Notes

Not sure if it was mentioned above, but pilots calling in “Inbound on the ILS/VIS/GPS” when there is no approach is extremely agitating also.

Won’t equal a report, but definitely will have us keeping an eye on you. The proper procedure is to say, inbound for landing with atis that has actually been listened to.

5 Likes

To add, if approach or departure gives an altitude stick to it. We are doing so because we need you there to avoid other inbound or outbound aircraft and terrain. We plan and apply this early so don’t be surprised if after takeoff we give you a max altitude to hold at. Like in real life you will get higher likely within 10 minutes. If you think because you change frequencies and then proceed to not listen you won’t get that cherished training server time you want so badly think again, we will oblige you. We work hard to know the charts, know the airport, and see the conflicts, so be kind to us and listen, we want you to have fun too just like the others around you.

5 Likes

This has been happening to me at random airports. So if I am inbound to an active IFATC airport and my plane’s auto pilot happens to miss waypoint and try to catch it again and go in circles will I be ghosted because I’m in the way?

This depends on what altitude you are at if you are not talking to ATC, but if you are talking to ATC you should disregard your flight plan. If you are circling the airport not talking to anyone at 20,000ft for example, you will be fine.

2 Likes

Imho, I believe these rules aren’t enforced enough (maybe a bit too lenient). I fly expert server regularly and people still get away with pulling things off like turning right after takeoff even if ATIS has stated “straight out departures only” and ATC has not given an altitude command regarding this maneuver. Plenty of people don’t know what spacing is, people still taxi across grass, and people still don’t know they shouldn’t make 90 degree turns at 35kts. This is commonplace still in the expert server, and I believe the only way to truly enforce these rules is to just have ATC straight up ghost them for a week for doing any of this stuff. ATC might be a little too friendly in most cases, and I really do hope grievers who pull off this stuff be plucked out from the expert server, have their records stained with a ghosting and stay in training server where they belong instead of ruining the fun for serious fliers.

3 Likes

I agree with this - I see far too many people on Expert getting away with doing things they shouldn’t be allowed to do.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure there is a policy that ATC does not ghost anyone for anything that is usually a violation. Also I’m pretty sure instant ghosts are only for situations that cause conflict with other aircraft. Otherwise you’d just be worried about getting ghosted when dropping your phone under ATC control.

If tower does not tell aircraft the minimum altitude to turn, does the ATIS even mean anything?

1 Like

Well looks like “traversing a turn at 35kts” needs to be made a violation then. The expert server still has too much leeway when it comes to enforcing realism, and those that don’t play realistically, shouldn’t be on expert server anyways. Plus you shouldn’t be playing IF in a scenario where you could drop your phone, maybe be a bit more careful?

Yeah, it means to fly a straight out departure until the ILS cone as to not obstruct airborne traffic.

If you don’t care about realism on the expert server then that’s just your opinion and I respect that. However, some others (me included) do find the value in upholding realism, especially on expert server, and my point stands that it’s not enforced enough on expert server.

1 Like

Yes you want to play realistically, but equally there are people out there who don’t know how to read a SID or STAR.

Equally as was hinted further up, IFATC do not always behave in a realistic manner. Why? Because the volume of traffic on IF and skill level isn’t realistic either. So a balance must be struck, a balance which on the whole I believe IFATC nail.

Heck, at busy airports an approach controller rarely gives radar vectors as is seen on the expert server, that’s why STARs and holding procedures exist! But the lowest common denominator needs to be accounted for.

If people were ghosted at the drop of a hat then they will just get bored and unsubscribe because it ruins their fun.

3 Likes

The part with the fighter got me 😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

I don’t know if there is a reasonable way to implement checking for turns at excessive speeds. There can’t really be that 20 second warning and too many false positives (like rushing an immediate takeoff clearance)

I just check the ATC manual. The official IF rule for a straight out departure is to fly runway heading until no conflict exist and until the altitude specified by tower if any. It has nothing to do with the cone.

1 Like

Okay my current list of things not to do.

Exit runway, expedite traffic on final does not mean, take a liesurely drive down to the next exit at 17kts. Put your foot on the gas an haul your gluteus maximus off the runway, then contact ground, not before. Okay that’s two things. Don’t contact ground until you off. You switch and I can ghost you but I really really don’t want to.

You are number 2 or more for landing. The aircraft is doing 135kts ground speed, you are doing 240kts ground speed, guess what comes next. A lengthy tour of downwind again. Try to match within 10-20kts the plane in front. Provided they do what I showed in the first aircraft, you won’t waste everyone’s time including your own working on patterns at a busy airport. And yes sometimes, you can’t but try please, all we are asking. If they are doing some rediculous number like 104, we will ask them to speed up. 30kts headwinds will deserve some flexibility. Failure to maintain separation would be the reason to be ghosted but like I said before we don’t want to, we want you and everyone to have fun.

4 Likes

Even an accident? Will they forgive u if u say Im sorry if its really an accident?

Well, that does depend. If it’s just a short contact with your wing or the controller doesn’t notice you’ll not get ghosted. But if you’re taxiing rolling through another aircraft, and it’s seen, that is ghostable equally whether it’s done on purpose or not as far as I am aware. I would also be really difficult to determine what is done on purpose and what isn’t in my opinion.

1 Like

If you accidentally didn’t follow instructions given, and you aligned with wrong runway or you went to the wrong heading it happens to the best of us, yes even your controllers. No we don’t, we will give it to you again but if you don’t immediately correct, we will believe you are deciding to fly without listening and we will likely send you back. Again we don’t want to ghost you, we want you to have fun. Hope my and Julian’s response helped.

2 Likes

The amount of times I just changed their runway to avoid giving ghosts

1 Like

Even though I have been in expert before it helps. I just want to get back after leaving my long haul and coming back to see I’m over speed.

Something new that I have been noticing.

Unless you receive the instruction to contact tower you should not do so. Until you have intercepted the localizer or have been cleared for the visual we will not hand you off in case we have to give you missed approach instructions due to you missing your intercept or an aircraft next to you is causing a conflict that we will need expiditously correct. Mind you this will likely not happen since we intercept you both with 1000 feet of clearance so it will likely be that you will miss the intercept and we will then give you missed approach instructions.

If you want to leave the frequency and shift over to tower, you can request frequency change. We will then either issue the switch to tower, frequency change approved, or stay on my frequency. Please don’t though unless the following are true, we are busy and will as soon as possible.

You should not request that though unless above 10000 and leaving the airspace and you have no aircraft around you, you have intercepted the localizer and are descending, or you have been cleared for the visual approach.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.