Confusing FIMP Star and Appr

Hey everyone i am inbound to FIMP but the Star and Appr is confusing me
should i circle over the airport and then land or just delete tha waypoint (PLS) and just go straight in
Can someone please advise on it?
Here is a picture

1 Like

PLS could be acting as a missed approach fix, so I would say fly the straight in. I’m not sure though so maybe wait for a more experienced pilot to answer.

1 Like

That is what i thought biut the Vnav also confuses me
Like PLS is at 4000 then dscend to 1900

1 Like

Not sure what to do then. Maybe switch your filed approach?

1 Like

I could but it is a learning experience
also it is an option to use PLS

1 Like

Normally I delete it to make my FPL look neater, but its up to you. Just remember to off A/P before u land

1 Like

yea i did that but …
I wanted to see how IATC reacts if Ijust makes a 360 on FInal ya know?

Not a good idea, lol

2 Likes

In real life, aircraft almost always get vectors before reaching the VOR on a STAR like that. Assuming FIMP will have ATC when you land, don’t worry about it; you’ll get cleared to land normally. If ATC isn’t present, you can just ignore it or delete it and fly direct to the first waypoint in the approach.

2 Likes

Oh then you need to either report go around or missed approach with Appr ATC. But even that tower ATC will hand u back to approach and approach will probably give u vectors again

1 Like

Yea that is what i will most likely do i will proabably dis arm LNAV on Base and go tstraight to final

1 Like

Are you aware of the specific name of the STAR and approach? It may be insightful to look at the airport approach plates for further clarification.

1 Like

From what I can see, it looks like you’ve filed the VOR DME Rwy 32 approach. Infinite Flight’s procedures for these types of approaches don’t always represent what you should be flying laterally. They’re often taking the real-world’s data and “connecting the dots”. You’re arriving from the North, so fly the DME arc from EPREX. For help flying DME arcs, take a look at Deer’s tutorial below. If you’re not comfortable flying DME arcs, I’d recommend filing the RNAV (GNSS) Rwy 32 approach.

VOR DME Rwy 32

RNAV (GNSS) Rwy 32

7 Likes

Hi! The STAR and approach you’re using is a VOR-DME type (I’m assuming). In these cases, the map on the GPS is simply a guide, not the actual procedure you should be following.

In real life, the instructions on the STAR are:

“At EPREX, along PLS 15 DME Arc, intercept PLS R-136 inbound for VOR-DME approach.”

You have to tune, set and monitor your VOR from the moment you start your DME arc. And make the approach off of that. You’re not doing a GPS or RNAV approach, where the map is your primary source/guide or where you can hit “LNAV” and let the aircraft fly itself. The STAR will lead you to the VOR, because that’s what it’s meant to do - lead you to the primary NAVAID. Whether you choose to follow that VOR for your approach to land is the pilot’s call - or more often than not, ATC’s call, where they’ll give you vectors to intercept the final approach course.

Edit: @lucaviness linked a very good tutorial on how to follow and fly a DME arc approach-to-landing. This is a great place to try it out!

2 Likes

Wow ok i will loook into it m==but know i jave a little bi of a bigger concern

i cant tune into center

should i make a seperate topic?

That’s probably because you are out of the Controllers transmitter range . As you get closer to the airport from where he is controlling,you’ll be able to tune in.

1 Like

Nope i was 750 n m when center should come 805nm, and i am in his airspace
Anyway he went
here is the picture

As @RadarVectors_Mumbai correctly said you are not able to connect to center control as the range is only 450NM from the transmitting station. You are 856NM away from FIMP and can’t tune in for that reason even though you are inside the airspace.

2 Likes