Concorde

That makes it look like it’s from a sci-fi movie more than it already does.

2 Likes

Yes! I would love the Concorde

2 Likes

Concorde is good…
But I prefer developers focus on those aircrafts should have to be reworked first, then add new planes :)

4 Likes

Agreed. Perhaps they should rework the GA aircraft- but that is another story…

3 Likes

It all depends on what the community wants, and at the moment the community seems to want to bring in new efficient planes and re-work old big efficient planes

1 Like

I don’t know how I missed this?! I would LOVE the concorde in IF! Doing flights from KJFK to EGLL would be awesome! I hope the team adds this…

2 Likes

+1 for Concorde. Gutted I never got the chance to fly in it in person, but it was beautiful to see the last flight arriving, a truly beautiful aircraft.

2 Likes

I finally used my precious vote (been saving that for months now). Although the Concorde is sort of confirmed by Laura I’m sure it helps to vote. We need this bird, imo more than any of the others so that people with limited time (and those who do not have more than one device to use) can fly those longer routes too. Especially the EGLL-KJFK route. Its also a beauty, the most beautiful airliner to be built so far.

1 Like

MaxSez: Can’t believe this PR stunt is still getting the great unwashed vote & bumps. FDS will build it, it will hold some attention for a day or 2 and then it will sit on rotten row with there last Edsel, the about to be replaced Tri-Holler Trifecta+. Can’t wait for the Pegasus feature rush! Little boys and there toy’s Oh My…

4 Likes

Wait when did Laura sort of comfirmed it

I think it doesn on the end… (above the engines)

1 Like

No it does not that is the reason it lands the ways it does to bleed air and slow it down

[quote=“Animalcraft_Ftw, post:445, topic:42323”]
bleed air and slow it down
[/quote].

@Animalcraft_Ftw… Info: @Tim_B… MaxSez: Interesting Concept!
Pls explain the procedure to me. I’d like to use it with an F-14 in Delta.
Thanks

2 Likes

Ok what it does when landing it drops the nose and angles the plane in the air high to get rid of speed without using flaps

3 Likes

Here is a couple of examples
imageimage

4 Likes

@Animalcraft_Ftw… MaxSez: Thanks for the responses and photo examples. I went a bit further, believe the following Extract from Airliner lay’s out the tech side a bit better;

I can’t think of any true delta wing (read no horizontal tail or canard) that has flaps. Military or civilian. That is because flaps cause the nose to pitch downward and since there is no way to counter that without a tail or canard to trim, you have to make do without the flaps.

“The key for a no flap Delta is the huge amount of wing area. The wing loading is very low so you can pitch it up higher the a conventional wing. And pitching up generates lift and pitch up.”

Regards

5 Likes

She never confirmed it but said it had already been built. However the model wasn’t perfect so it wasn’t added. Laura also felt there was no point adding it until we get Global.

2 Likes

Ok thanks I got confused

Then wait until it gets reworked, now back on topic, this isn’t about the A380 or you trying to throw some shade at someone.

1 Like

Concorde should be the very last thing on the list In my opinion. We’ve got sooo many jets right now, and are almost totally missing the General Aviation Aspect of flying. GA first, Concorde last lol.

2 Likes