Concorde

I was just in a UA320 I cld barley fit in the first class wash room

1 Like

Guys Guys!! Back on topic and no more hate speech on the aircraft’s feature page!

We need the concorde In IF plssssssss

2 Likes

LOVE DIS PLANE! the delta wing pleases me!

1 Like

@NeperQiell. You have a point, but I’m a realist, I look at an airframe for its utility and universality. The Concord was a PR novelty. A new supersonic transport is in the pipeline. You’ll see it in your lifetime.
Pilotless, you bet ya…
Regards, Max

2 Likes

Weird how one crash ruined concordes reputation

3 Likes

Yep, I’m sure without the pilot error the death toll would have been greatly reduced.

3 Likes

It’s Air France causing the issue. Lol. The Concorde though was too expensive to operate. By this time it would have been out of BA and AF‘s fleet. Maybe a private company though would maybe still fly the aircraft.

1 Like

People say about how much it cost to operate but from what I have seen they made more money from the Concorde alone to more than enough cover the costs. BA could make upwards of 500 million in profit from this aircraft alone.

1 Like

653 Votes!

1 Like

Lol very funny ;D

Hoping this will be the next addition to the IF fleet!

1 Like

It might not be the next one, but it could be one later on

Absolutely. Haven’t been able to get on IF recently due to upcoming exams (hooray!) but this would be a fantastic addition and would add further enjoyment for many people!

I just want to know, is the infinite flight team working on the Concorde? Would love to fly it. Thanks…

Infinite Flight has not announced work on the Concorde.

I don’t think that it will be announced for a while. The first feature request for the A350 was mid-2017, and they just announced it earlier in April. It also had like 1500 likes, so…

Looks like it’s going a while before this becomes reality =(

2 Likes

A note about Concorde

One of our top requests as you can see from the stats is the legendary Concorde. We are aware of this airplane's iconic place in aviation history and we know it would indeed be an interesting and challenging addition to Infinite Flight. However, we develop all of our aircraft in-house. Due to the sheer number of developer and 3D artist hours that would be required to build the Concorde at the level of detail you have come to expect from us, we have removed this aircraft from consideration for the time being.

This wasn’t an easy decision for us since we understand it’s highly requested. To give a bit of context here, part of our in-house discussion was around the complexity of the back aircraft engineer panel. We can all agree that a static image of the panel wouldn’t be up to current standards. The next step is to decide what instruments are functional and here is the important part: even if they don’t move, they still have to be modeled, named, and mapped. All of this takes a lot of time, and we’re at a level now where we won’t be shipping low-resolution textures. Concorde may make an appearance in the future, but for now, we’re putting this feature request on pause.

We have closed this feature request so that votes can be used on other features. If in the future we feel our aircraft process is at a point where Concorde is feasible, we will reopen.

126 Likes