(CONCLUDED) 10APR22 / 1700Z - Wizzair Virtual Presents: One-Year Anniversary! @ LOWW

Credit to our very own @Jakub_Astary for this amazing background shot!

Welcome to Wizzair Virtual’s One-year anniversary event!

First, a very concise bit of history. Wizzair Virtual got officially approved on April 7th, 2021, with @MaxTheBandit as the founder and CEO. Since then, we have been criss-crossing the virtual European skies in our lovely pink and blue colors. Today marks our biggest milestone yet - we have been around for a year (and three days)!

Today, we invite you all to join us in our birthday celebrations!

For our one-year anniversary event, we chose Vienna for two main reasons: It’s among the biggest bases for Wizzair, and it was recently updated with 3D buildings (In the 22.2 update).

Date and Time: Sunday, April 10th, 1700Z
2022-04-10T17:00:00Z (this automatically converts to your local timezone)
Event Type: Fly-out
Server: Expert Server
Airport: Vienna Schwechat (LOWW)

Frequency Controller
LOWW Ground @MaxTheBandit
LOWW Tower @MaxTheBandit
LOWW Approach N/A
LOWW Departure N/A
Vienna FIR N/A

How do I sign up?

For this event, we have decided to go against our tradition of using gate assignments and try out something different. To sign up, simply click on “Going” at the very bottom of the thread.

What routes are available?

You can check out the FlightConnections page to explore all the routes available from Vienna. Of course, we would appreciate and recommend flying Wizzair routes, but it’s not a requirement in any way!

I want to provide ATC services, how do I do that?

If you want to control for the event, simply let us know below and we’ll work it out!

I want to learn more about Vienna Schwechat Airport, could you please help with that?

We’re glad you’re interested! You can read the following Wikipedia article to learn more about the airport:

The credits for the article go to the respective Wikipedia contributors.

• Respect all pilots during the event.
  • If ATC is present, follow ALL their instructions. Wizzair Virtual is NOT to be held responsible for any violations you may acquire during the course of the event.
  • If ATC is not present, please utilize the Unicom frequency correctly.
  • Fly to the required for the Expert Server standard.
  • Last, but by no means least, have fun!

Are you interested in joining us?

If the answer is “Yes, absolutely!”, then head to our thread* to learn more about us!

* This is our old thread, however, the application link on it has not changed.

Wizzair Virtual is a non-profit organization officially approved and acknowledged by the Infinite Flight Virtual Airline Regulatory Board (IFVARB). All logos, brand names, and pictures belong to their respective owners. Wizzair Virtual is in no way affiliated or associated with the real-life airline Wizz Air, Infinite Flight, or any other organization. If you’d like to visit Wizz Air’s official website, follow this link.

Credits
  • Banner background picture: @Jakub_Astary, Chief Operational Officer
  • Thread and banner template design: @AviatorAlex, Chief Executive Officer
7 Likes

Are specific destinations planned? I’m not sure if I can come but I’m looking forward to it

2 Likes

No, we don’t have any specific destinations planned, we decided to change things up a bit this time. We shared a link to the FlightConnections map for Vienna, though, so you can pick a real-life route from there.

Glad you’re showing interest, we hope to see you there!

Alex
Wizzair Virtual
Chief Executive Officer

3 Likes

We’re happy to announce that @MaxTheBandit has contacted us and will provide Ground and Tower coverage for our event. There are still ATC frequencies available, so any IFATC Officers that are interested in controlling for our event, hit us up!

We would also like to remind you that there’s just a few days to go until our event. If you want to join our anniversary celebrations, simply click on the “Going” button above and help us check off this milestone!

2 Likes

I’m flying to FCO on an A321 on this event!

2 Likes

I will join with EasyJet if that is ok

1 Like

Hi guys, sorry but I have to pull out last minute because I’ve got other things going on.

The event is now over! Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate our one-year anniversary, we hope to see you all in the next one!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.