Concept Cabin by Airbus

This is a really interesting concept video by Airbus. It gets me thinking how planes will be in the future. I just wanted to share the video.

How far away do you think a prototype of this plane is? Discuss the video below! Remember it’s just a concept. What I do like is the check-in/luggage drop off. It is much more efficient than what we have now.

Also, this appears to be fully automated. When will humans start trusting AI and put lives in the hands of computers? All of these planes could takeoff, land, and cruise automatically like subway trains! We have prototypes of this automated technology now, but people do not trust it yet. What are your thoughts?

3 Likes

An interesting concept actually!

4 Likes

What do you mean? Be a bit more descriptive please. You haven’t even watched the full video.

1 Like

Very interesting…what a panoramic view. Strange design and kind of I don’t know…utopic. Where’s the cabin?

Don’t you think it’s cool and interesting? Are you an Airbus hater or something?

I’m not sure how to respond to that idea…I’d be kinda scared with all that glass.

3 Likes

Just like car manufacturers, take this with a pinch of salt.

1 Like

I am too. It’s pretty bad if it gets in a crash.

I admit it looks interesting but I say absolutely not. I’m a huge Airbus fan and I don’t think this will be annoy able. It will take away all the fun from flying. It will almost be like you aren’t flying

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

I would like that, since i literally lol’d, but then I remembered I ran out of likes…

2 Likes

Interesting idea, but I don’t think we’ll see this anytime soon. Looks like the cabin has a lot of open space, and airtravel is currently trying to maximise their capacity per flight.

Also, glass won’t be able to withstand the changes in pressure when the cabins pressurised. It’ll also break in a rough landing, and plastic won’t make the cut, as we are running out of oil to make it from, and it’s not strong enough.

I think what will really happen, is that it’ll be a cabin, with projected images, of what’s behind that part of the skin.

2 Likes

So is this the level that aviation will reach in the next years? Well I have to admit that the human brain went beyond the limits of imagination. Great work Airbus! again, sorry Boeing

1 Like

Yeah I agree with the glass idea. Who said glass will be the same in the future? It could be extremely strong. You never know what can happen.

AHA! That’s what it reminds me of! It’s like the giant spaceship in WALL-E! (That’s not really a good thing…)

1 Like

I don’t think it’s necessarily the next years. Lol it’s way down the road.

meh
its aight
still a fan of the 777x cabin

I swear,

1 baby scream will break that glass

1 Like

It is not easy to tell in how long we will fly in one of these but what I do know is that it will be at least more than 20-30 years from now.
Why I am so sure is that the technology of automated non piloted aircraft already exists and is being used and tested but different groups around the world. For example the USAF is using a drone that flies and attacks targets by itself with a human watching on a screen.
This kind of technology exists but it will not be released to public use quite yet. Why?
It is not due to technology but to passengers and airlines. Large companies and most of all passengers are not yet comfortable flying In a automated aircraft. When the technology is released, large airliners will start off having only one pilot and then if that works maybe go to fully automated.

The only thing I can assure you Is that we have time until one of these flies. Think 40-50 years from now if not more.

I hope this helps

1 Like

And guys, as aviation lovers and pilots, pilot hopefulls do not whish this aircraft.
I am a pilot and I dread the day that the Career of pilot will become the same as a bus driver. please fight againsed this change.

1 Like