Complimentary Thinking || A Thank You to the Devs

So here’s a topic that I thought might be timely - and its goal is simple: try and bring about some more positivity.

Lately there’s been a lot of conversations that tend to focus on the negatives. It’s easy to do, and since we all love aviation to such a high degree, it’s natural that we want to achieve perfection in everything, both in Infinite Flight and on the forum. Given how easily we can come off as demanding, however, let’s take a moment to look at the bright side of things. The developers are human too, and I think they would appreciate hearing some positive support for the hard work they put in, even if they wouldn’t admit it out loud.

This update will bring not one, not two, but three variants of the 777. The details and live cockpit are excellent and look fantastic. We have tens of highly-detailed liveries to choose from across the continents of the world. The fog rendering update (which I think gets lost in the excitement) will provide for even more scenic flying. Add in all the other quality of life tweaks and this is absolutely looking to be a great update. The hard work of six months shows, and while there are always possible improvements, I for one am thankful that the developers continued their work to make Infinite Flight the best it can be.

Working on Infinite Flight will always be an iterative process, and I look ahead knowing that Project Metal and clouds are in full development, and with that the future is definitely bright.

So with all this in mind, I‘d ask that for everyone who read this far, post a anecdote of something you want to highlight that focuses on a positive aspect of Infinite Flight, or compliments the developers.

We can all make constructive criticism remarks, but remember that the flip side of that is showing appreciation for the things that stand out as big achievements. Sometimes a bit of encouragement goes a long way to boosting morale :) And our world can always use a bit of positivity.

23 Likes

Well said 👏
Thank you for making this topic. It feels like this is exactly what the forum needs during this time.

Honestly, we’ve got to remember that 3 years ago, we didn’t even have global flight, let alone working instruments on aircraft. It is amazing how much the developers put in to the simulator, and I do feel like that sometimes we take it for granted. Who knows what the future holds, but I’m sure it will be fantastic for Infinite Flight. If you didn’t get a livery or something is off about the new update, think of it as a glass-half-full situation. We have three amazing new aircraft, that the developers have spent hundreds of hours building for us. The least we can do is say thank you :)

8 Likes

Need more of this…positivity within the community for the people that make this possible, especially during a time like this, during a global pandemic, it’s the little things that make a difference. Well done.

Thank you devs, staff, and mods ❤️

9 Likes

Yes agreed there dude! I love what the devs did with the 777 family and it clearly shows all the hard work and dedication they put into it! I am excited to see what the future holds for this simulator! Keep it up devs and everyone in the IF team! Thanks for all the hard work!

Best regards,

B4ND1T

5 Likes

Definitely agree! My favourite feature of 20.2 aside from the 777s is having the procedures sorted by direction. It’s small but makes a huge difference when flight planning manually.

3 Likes

Small changes like the new take-off roll sounds, AOA indicator or lower bar setup configuration are what make me love this update.

Not talking about the solo speed up and free cams that I cannot praise enough

2 Likes

I would also like to thank the devs for this. The community has been extremely demanding (still is and they have every right to be) and the devs have kept up their promises. Big thanks to the team. I would also like to highlight the lesser known side of development. That is keeping the version stable and making the servers run 24x7 for us.

its very hard to run servers especially when you can’t bring them down frequently for maintenance especially at scale.

Big thank you to the devs. You did an awesome job

3 Likes

Should have put this in the original post but reviews on app stores are also a great way to show support! And I’ve enjoyed reading your thoughts so far - thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Great post. Thx for having a heart in 2020.