[COMPLETED] @Skybear's TBM-930 World Tour Log

Midway Atoll (PMDY) to Atka (PAAK)

Long Range Note: The TBM9 long range cruise speed is 252KTAS at FL310

I’ve opted to head North towards the Aluetian Islands and will save the Hawaii to California hop for a different trip. This will definitely add some distance to my trip but I’ll get to fly through beautiful Alaska along the way. I plan at staying at FL250 to avoid strong crosswinds at FL300 along the way. It may be that I step down and then step back up to get better fuel efficiency.

Departure Arrival Dist Flight Time
PMDY PAAK 1464nm 4:50
Cruise Climb Descent Fuel
FL250@M0.53 170/40 2000fps 870kg (5.5h)
Planned Route via Skyvector Weather via Windy
PMDY EKUZY IFUPO 52N74 PAAK PMDY / PAAK

Getting close! I opted for flying north towards Alaska. That will add a few more legs to my flight but I bet it’s a gorgeous place to fly so no worries!

1 Like

Also the worry of flying from Hawaii to NorCal knowing the fact that u may not make it

1 Like

Yup. That and no favorable weather for at least the next week?! I’ll take my chances North. 72 minutes of reserve fuel atm so I should be fine. Flying FL210@250kts to stay out of a wicked 120kt+ crosswind though at FL300.

1 Like

Midway Atoll (PMDY) to Atka (PAAK) Screenshots and Notes

On approach to PAAK. Glad I didn’t strictly follow the GS or I would have crashed into the hills in the front of the airport beacon.

I’ve made it to Atka in the Aleutian Islands. At max fuel, I had 60 min left when I landed. This was about a 1450nm leg so I feel good about not waiting for perfect conditions to try the Hawaii to California hop. It would have to be perfect conditions to add on another 500nm of flying.

I haven’t necessarily enjoyed just operating over 1000nm stretches of ocean in a GA aircraft. But now that I’m at Atka, that’s nearly over. A hop over this chain of Islands to PAHO will have me over solid ground again (and in the mountains once more).

1 Like

Atka (PAAK) to Homer (PAHO)

Feeling like I’m in the homestretch now. I’m going to be stopping in Homer, Alaska to scout out possible sites for a Mountain Based VAO that I’m working on. Looks like there will be rain and snow along the way.

I’ll be using the INOTY ONE obstacle departure procedure at PAAK and LOC RWY 4 approach at PAHO.

Departure Arrival Dist. Flight Time
PAAK PAHO 1464nm 3:15
FL290@M0.53 170/40 2000fps 656kg (4h)
PAAK ZIKEF BILNE INOTY RIZON DUT TESPE G1 ELF PDN ODK V438 KOMNA ZAPOT OZKOF PAHO PAAK / PAHO

Atka (PAAK) to Homer (PAHO) Screenshots and Notes

Alaskan snow covered mountains rising out of the pacific and Mainland Alaskan wilderness made for a beautiful flight from PAAK to PAHO. I’ll be off to Juneau next and will fly along many glaciers along the way. Looking forward to the scenery!

On approach to Homer Airport.

Departing Atka with the sunrise.

1 Like

Homer (PAHO) to Juneau (PAJN) Flight Plan

• Notes for PAHO: See Page 12 of Takeoff Minimums for AKTO
  • Notes fro PAJN: Expecting to use RNAV (GPS) V RWY 8
PAHO PAJN 562nm 2:05
FL290@M0.53 170/40 2000fps 492kg (3h)
PAHO HOM J617 JOH J501 YAK J541 SSR NIMLE OGEME MENAE MOLRE PAJN PAHO / PAJN

It’s great to see you sticking with your mission to complete this. Keep it up! 😃

6 Likes

It’s been an absolute blast!!

2 Likes

Homer (PAHO) to Juneau (PAJN) Flight Plan Screenshots and Notes

Gorgeous landscape as I arrive into Juneau. I had to fly down to RWY and make a sharp left bank to land between the mountains. It was an exciting arrival. Definitely somewhere I’d love to visit in the RW. I’m off to SeaTac next. I’ll finally be back in the continental US after a 2 week tour. I’m excited to wrap this up, hopefully put together a video and set off for whatever adventure is next.

On left base for PAJN RWY 26.

1 Like

Wow, looks like an amazing journey. Really enjoyed going through this thread and living vicariously through the flights so far. Very impressed by the realism. Safe travels on the home stretch!

3 Likes

@Skybear… MaxSez: Lukia, great go, Danang, the Pean’s, Island hopping East, hell of a go with the Aleutian Islands thrown in! Icing on the cake, Gov Pailin’s house in Homer. Love it.
Max Sends

3 Likes

Juneau (PAJN) to Seattle (KSEA)

• Notes for PAJN: JUNEAU FIVE DEPARTURE to SQM
  • Notes for KSEA: MARNR SEVEN ARRIVAL
PAJN KSEA 852nm 3:00
FL210@250kts 170/40 2000fps 656kg (4h)
PAJN CGL RADKY SQM ANN J502 YZT J502 YYJ ORCUS MARNR PNELA VEGGN UNITT WUBET SHIPZ EMMSS SONDR KSEA PAJN / KSEA / Expecting mild winds at FL210, rain near Vancouver.
1 Like

What’s ur last leg
U shld make a event for it

1 Like

My last leg is KASE-KLEX. The leg before that is KSEA-KASE. I think that’d probably be more exciting for an event but I don’t even know how to begin organizing one.

1 Like

I would recommend asking someone who is experienced in making events
I have never done it but I’m sure someone would want to do it for u

1 Like

From near LEX myself. Love to see my local airport getting some attention! Might meet up with you on a leg

2 Likes

Totally in favor of an event. Would do my best to attend. You’d be surprised how many TBM fans come out of the woodwork when there’s an event for us.

2 Likes

Juneau (PAJN) to Seattle (KSEA) Screenshots and Notes

Landing on 34L at KSEA.

I’ve made it back to the Continental U.S. where this journey all began. I’m just 2 legs away KLEX, a stop in Aspen at KASE, and then I’ll be home.This flight was also the first time I encountered ATC as I flew in somewhere and it was icing on the cake for this sim. If anyone knows who was running tower and ground at KSEA about 0400Z then tell them thanks.

I’m not sure I’ll get to hop on tomorrow to do any flying, but I certainly intend to finish everything by Wednesday, May 14. If anyone is interested in flying either leg just let me know and I’ll send out some sort of notice. I’m off to plan for Aspen now.

Mount Rainier poking into the night sky as I’m on final for RWY 34L at KSEA.

Departing Juneau on the JUNEAU FIVE departure.

1 Like