[COMPLETED] 10APR21/1700-1800Z - Smolensk Crash: 11th Anniversary Flight @ UUBP-EPWA

Hosted by @PolandBall_120
Banner by @Mick0

About this Flight

Welcome to the Smolensk Air Disaster 11th Anniversary Flight as well as my first hosted event. This is a flight from Bryansk International Airport to Warsaw Chopin to remember and commemorate those who died in this horrible aviation accident. This is not a LOTVA event.

This is a non-political event and is a memorial/commemorative flight for the horrible aviation tragedy on April 10th, 2010.

About the Crash

On April 10th, 2010, flight PLF 101 (Tu-154) carrying 96 people on board crashed on approach to Smolensk North Airport during a visit to the 70th anniversary of the Katyn Massacre. All onboard perished in the crash. Among the victims were the President of Poland Lech Kaczyński and his wife Maria, the former President of Poland in exile, Ryszard Kaczorowski, and the chief of the Polish General Staff. A memorial was later built at the location of the crash, and a week of national mourning was declared in Poland.
Source: Wikipedia

Event Time - Saturday, April 10, 2021 5:00 PMSaturday, April 10, 2021 6:00 PM
Starting Airport: Bryansk International Airport (UUBP)
Destination Airport: Warsaw Chopin Airport (EPWA)

Aircraft: Embraer 170 and Boeing 737-800
Livery: LOT Polish Airlines
Flight Time (E170): 1 hour 30 minutes~1 hour 45 minutes
Flight Time (B738): 1 hour 20 minutes~1 hour 35 minutes

Flight details such as altitude and speed will be announced a week before the event in a PM to all attending pilots. Runways will be announced the day of.

Wave Specifics
-1st wave will consist of E170s with the LOT livery. Spawn in at latest 1645Z. Takeoff at 1700Z.
-2nd wave will consist of B737-800s with the LOT livery. Spawn in at latest 1715Z. Takeoff at 1730Z.
-3rd wave will consist of a mixture of E170s and B737-800s with LOT livery. Spawn at latest 1745Z. Takeoff at 1800Z.

1st Wave
Gate Pilot Callsign
Remote 01 @PolandBall_120 LOT120VA
Remote 02 @MainSky LOT 661
Remote 03 @787_Dream LOT 787
Remote 04 @WRL_Kubica LOT 51X
Remote 05
2nd Wave
Gate Pilot Callsign
Remote 01
Remote 02
Remote 03
Remote 04
Remote 05
3rd Wave (reserved for Austrian Virtual)
Gate Pilot Callsign
Remote 01 @DeltaFox DF
Remote 02
Remote 03
Remote 04
Remote 05

1. Respect UNICOM and all pilots participating in the event
2. Follow all Expert Server rules as always
3. Spawn in at least 15 minutes before takeoff
4. You will be responsible for all violations that you may get
5. Keep at least 3 NM between you and the plane in front of you
6. Departing and landing runways will be determined the day of the event

Sponsored by:
To Austrian Virtual Thread

4 Likes

Sign me up for the 1st wave, please

1 Like

Sure thing. Thanks for joining. Callsign so I don’t get pilots mixed up?

Sure, Lot 661

1 Like

Wow, this is thought provoking… A plane crash on the way to remember a massacre 😔…

I hope your event goes well, I can’t say I hope its fun.

There are often some uncomfortable reminders in this simulator of awful things in real life… I love flying Air New Zealand colours, but I still wince uncomfortably when I see the DC-10, and I’ve never chosen it.

2 Likes

Hey, wave 3 remote 1 please.

What shall the callsign be?

Can I please be signed up for wave 1 callsign:LOT 787

1 Like

You have been added for Remote 3 on first wave. Thank you for joining this event.

What server is this on

Expert server

ok, I will try to get my grade up I will let you know about my progress. I am grade 2.

1 Like

Remember everybody that this is starting in less than 2 weeks. Mark your calender :)

LOT 51X Wave 1 Remote 4

1 Like

You have been added for Remote 4 on the first wave! Thank you for joining this event.

Last day to sign up is April 5th, 2 days after the flight information is sent out via PM. Four more days to sign up so if you want to join in, now is the time!

Thank you to everybody who participated in this tribute flight. I had a great time and I greatly appreciate this! I hope to do more of these in the future, so be on the lookout!! Keep buttering, and I will see you in the sky!

- PolandBall_120

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.