Complete Breakdown

Good morning IFC.
Last night while flying out if PANC I had a severe issue that caused me to end the flight before violations. While climbing out of 330 on AP the nose of the MD-11F pitched up and the aircraft began to stall. Trim was set at 40% The pink line was completely red lined. The engines were also at N1 106% I disconnected the AP and tried to pitch the nose down but it would not go. Then as planes do in a stall I began to drop and turn upside down. At that point I ended the flight. I had 80,000 lbs of cargo and fuel was 85%.
Device used Asus ZenPad Pro
Was this a sever glitch or a device problem?
Thank you.

You ran out of thrust to maintain the desired speed you wanted and forced yourself into a stall.

Try not to climb so high at too steep of a rate. Adjust your pitch to achieve or maintain a speed. Example: If I wanted to maintain a cruise of Mach .83, I wouldn’t keep a high vertical speed because I wouldn’t be able to maintain Mach .83 based on the weight of the aircraft loaded with fuel.

2 Likes

I will pay closer attention in the future. Thank you.

2 Likes

If you see your throttle maxed out and you can’t maintain that VS then pitch your nose down or lower the VS in autopilot mode until you can keep a nice balance of airspeed and vertical speed.

2 Likes

Yeah I thought I might have been to heavy for the altitude. Thank you very much for explaining to me!! 😀

2 Likes

Just remember this “Pitch for speed, throttle for altitude” @Brandon_Sandstrom pounded this into my thick skull for over a year now.

3 Likes

That’s a great way to remember it. Not the pounding part though lol.
Thx!!

1 Like

Haha, yeah you definitely aren’t as stubborn as me then. Try it out in a C172 and you’ll see exactly what he meant when he was training me. That will really put it into perspective without having to try it out doing 300 knots.

You couldve tried to save the plane. That would be cool!

The weird thing about this though was I’ve flown with more weight at higher altitudes in the MD. I guess every situation is different though.

2 Likes

Believe me I did try but the spin was out if control.

1 Like

Right…and in an extremely heavy aircraft lol.

That’s the beauty of aviation and that’s why many of us are so drawn to challenges. It’s dynamic and Infinite Flight has some really cool features that make every flight different in its own way.

2 Likes

I love IF…I’ve been flying it long before Global was ever released. I still find many challenges when I fly different aircraft.

1 Like

Shall we call it safe to say that this issue is resolved and we’ve all learnt from this incident?

And with the formation of VA’s, world wide events, and all the great people it just keeps getting better and better!

3 Likes

Absolutely…thanks for your instruction and your time. You can close this!
Thanks again!!

3 Likes