complaint about the pilots because they had been reported

I do not want to be mean to the comments, but sometimes you do not understand that in aviation you can never be rushed, be patient, because sometimes that same person is in control of the tower and the ground at the same time, and if he is too busy he will not be able to repeat the same order all the time, he told you to hold position even without aircraft behind you, you have to wait because he may be talking to other people at another frequency (tower).
Yesterday I was in Vancouver I requested permission for the pushback and the controller told me to keep the position and I stayed like this for 15 minutes without sending any other message, and he authorized me to pushback 15 minutes later because he was free to answer me, and he thanked me for my patience, you all should do the same thing, I do not do ATC anymore because of impatient pilots. remember that sometimes it is a person controlling two frequencies, and when you keep sending the same message our solution is to report, because it disturbs, sorry for this long message, I was annoyed because you always blame the controller, good flight to all .

30 Likes

That is some patience, 15 mins! 🌷
I’d argue that this, even for a very busy controller, is too long though. I admire your patience, but nobody would have blamed you for repeating your pushback request, after 5 mins.

Great comments though.

2 Likes

@joslleymiguel_holand I agree with you fully. Aviation cannot be rushed. ATC has to bare the burden of controlling many planes and they will get stressed when 4 pilots are sending transmissions every 30 seconds. The ATC controllers are very thankful for patient pilots. Thanks for being so good to our controllers.

3 Likes

I totally agree on this. I have had several complaints about my controlling because I ghosted someone, and they demanded that I take their ghost away. Thank YOU for being the patient pilot!

7 Likes

So that guy that disappeared in front of me who was next for takoff after staying in line for a good half hour must of had to use the bathroom or somthing, im going to give him the benefit of the doubt. That or stage fright.

3 Likes

he was a bit slow, but I managed to understand it because he was controlling two frequency, I agree with you, 15 minutes may have been too much, but anyway I waited

2 Likes

Today at OMDB I had a solid 25 planes on the ground and 10 in line for 30L. A gate hold was in effect but pilots kept requesting pushback. I pretty much spent my 2 hours controlling telling aircraft to hold position over and over again because I don’t want them to push. Then, when I ghost for it they come and complain on the IFC saying they did nothing wrong.

Thank you for being one of the few patient flyers. Is controllers really appreciate it.

7 Likes

I understand you perfectly, because I’ve been through it myself a thousand times, sometimes you do not want to report anyone but they give us no other solution than to report them

1 Like

I agree with you!
But what I do not consent or really do not like is that servers like (training) forget about you!
And you keep more than 15 min expecting vectors along UK, wasting load!
Even so, the work of air traffic controllers is the best! and I greatly appreciate your time invested in the simulators, so that other pilots, like us, achieve our dreams and reach our destinations assured of no danger!

1 Like

The casual server does not have an ATC

1 Like

Sorry, I mean training!

Usually we won’t make you wait 15 minutes. What I find is really helpful and underrated in the ATC community is the reminder feature that allows controllers to set a number of minutes alarm in the controlling interface. I love doing this with flow control in place, since setting a hold position, and then a 2 minute reminder, ensures that every plane is waiting for the same amount of time. (It also helps with people who spam since I can always just send another, later alarm)

7 Likes

]you’re right sometimes you do not want to waste your time, and I do not think they either, but sometimes they can not handle the intensity of the traffic, so they’re on the training server (they’re learning)

1 Like

for beginner it would be too much to find much diversity without knowing the game first

That’s it, that’s what I mean

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.