Complaint about a VA

Hi all!

How would I go about launching a complaint against a VA due to CEO/general inactivity. I’ve frequently contacted IFVARB admins to which I rarely receive a response and when they do I’m just told there’s nothing they can do.

If anyone can help me that would be great 🙃

If you need specific details pls PM me :)

1 Like

Hello!

I’m not an IFVARB admin or board member, but Ill give my opinion.

I would have to say that it’s between you and the VA CEO. I don’t think there is too much that can happen between the IFVARB. I don’t believe there is specific rules on activity; although a VA may perform better with a more active staff team, as long as they meet the Activity Checks when those are taking place, there is nothing that can happen to shut them down. I see a IFVARB board member replying, I’ll let them take it.

If any of this is wrong, please let me know.

Thanks

Noah

1 Like

IFVARB oversees things so they can’t really help too much, but if the VA/VO meets their activity requirements they will continue to remain active in their system. It’s up to the VA/VO to resolve issues like this.

3 Likes

Hi, @Javiation_491!

I am sorry to hear that you are not pleased with your recent VA experience. While Noah’s and Trio’s replies are accurate, I would like to touch on how we (the IFVARB) dictate what counts as an active VA/VO.

A routine activity check is performed once every two months for a VA/VO to keep its IFVARB approval and remain in our database. During this process, each approved airline will have ten days to report their activity, including PIREPs filed (flights flown and hours flown) number of pilots, among other items. If a VA/VO fails to submit this information, and a discussion is not had with the Admins about extenuating circumstances before the check-in concludes, the VA/VO “will be subject to inquiry about closure by the Admin Team.”

So, as you can see, as long as the check-in was completed in the allocated time, VA/VOs can retain their certification.

Regarding the situation you are experiencing, there is honestly not much we can do; if the VA has completed the activity check-in and proves that it is worthy of retaining IFVARB approval, there is no reason for us to get involved.

That said, I have forwarded this topic to the Admins, and perhaps this will be a catalyst for an improved check-in process; maybe something like a minimum activity requirement will be implemented.

Nonetheless, as stated earlier, it is advised that you talk to the CEO of this VA—that would be the best way to voice your thoughts.

Happy flying, Jack! ✈️

5 Likes

Thanks for the replies guys