Comparison: A320 family vs B737 family.

I want to know what do you think of this two families.

For example, I’ve noticed that the Airbus A318/319/320/321 at 135kts for landing tend to overfloat the runway even after idling the engines, so I can’t flare too much (because my nose will pitch up), while the 737-700/800/900, landing at 150kts and idling the engines, loses altitude while flaring.

In which other things do you notice differences between Airbus and Boeing?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I idle the engines at 50ft and slow down to 140kts before touching the ground.

1 Like

Interesting, but even if the 737-800, as you said, doesn’t have ground effect, it still loses speed and touches down quicker than the A320 family.

And sorry for the earlier comment.

What’s your landing speed?

I land at 125 in my BBJ

I like Airbus more. Feels nice, favorite plane to land, love me some IAEs and sharklets.

1 Like

When I land any aircraft from the a320 family I can have a really smoothie touchdown from the main gear but then the nose slams down. Even with APPR the nose touches down rough. But I think the 737 family is better at landing than the a320 family.

I think the same.

When you are on the glideslope or flaring?

How could you? Your name is Boeing707 and you choose Airbus? Scream

2 Likes

what does the ground effect do? never noticed it

The 737-700,800, dhouldnt be landing a 150
Knts. Especially the 700, the 800 maybe depending on its weight and the 900 as well.

Try landing the newer models with a big flare, A320 family and BBJ. You will notice the aircraft just floats for a moment

Final is 150, after the 50ft callout I idle the engines and slow to 140 before landing.