Community's favorite way to fly (poll) In IF

Hello everyone I would like to know what is your favorite way to fly? I like to fly manually

• Manually
  • Auto-Pilot

0 voters

4 Likes

Flying on autopilot is boring sometimes.

7 Likes

Auto pilot scrubs (jk) but it really depends on what im flying. Cessnas and light airplanes I like to fly manual. Bigger jets on long hauls I’ll fly manually up to 10k and then engage auto

16 Likes

I honestly don’t trust Auto pilot

2 Likes

I’d like to fly manually but it’s just to difficult without a joystick…

8 Likes

About half and half each time I fly

6 Likes

Typically for GA I fly manually, whilst flying commercial aircraft (A320, 737, Dash 8), I fly on autopilot.

11 Likes

I like to fly autopilot for most of the flight, however I do manual takeoffs and final approaches.

9 Likes

I never do APPR. Unless a big turn or maneuver is needed, I turn the autopilot on at 2,000 AGL and off at 300 AGL

4 Likes

Both. During my climb after takeoff I set my climb rate and speed to auto. During cruise it’s all auto, and during approach I rely on auto for my speed, decent rate, and heading. It’s easy to mess up while communicating.

I don’t like the abrupt banking on the plane when I input a new heading, so I do turns manually.

3 Likes

All take offs and landing are manual , other then that it is auto pilot.

5 Likes

All my takeoffs are in manual and the landings aswell. Sometimes I use the APPR when I don’t see at all the runway or if I am very tired. Cruising autopilot of course ;)

2 Likes

My takeoffs and landings are manual. During my flight il usually do autopilot but sometimes its fun to do some all manual flights !!!

1 Like

Mostly Manually and sometimes during events autopilot

1 Like

take-offs and landings manually, cruising on autopilot of course, but if the weather is bad (strong wind or fog, etc. ) I use autopilot for landing until almost on runway, but then I disable it and land manually ;)

1 Like

Just like @Joshua_Fleming said, all takeoffs and landings manually rest of the flight is auto-pilot!

2 Likes

Take off and landings always manual for me
Auto pilot for longer cruises

I fly manually after takeoff for a couple minutes, then I fly autopilot until I reach the localiser. I turno on APPR, and when I reach about 1400 feet AGL, I land manually.

1 Like

You should have given a “A mix of the two” choice. Too bad you can’t now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.