Community Livery Creation Program?

Hello all.

It has just occured to me that, like we have Airport editors, we could also have livery creators in a similar type of program, which would of course result in even more quality liveries, that could come quicker and save the developers time.

I don’t have the skills or equipment to make this happen, I just wondered if it was possible, or if anyone else could do this, as it could be a good addition to the community surrounding IF.

Have a good day!

23 Likes

That does depend on the format on the liveries, and the devs would have some serious quality control issues if they were to be put in the game.

The airports we edit have a dedicated tool, but with planes I think it is much more complicated.

5 Likes

That has been suggested multiple times already, but how would you moniter all the liveries being made? Also there is not enough space in your phone to store that many liveries. Currently it is not planned but FDS is interested to add somemthing like that in the future MAYBE.

3 Likes

If someone was in charge of the whole thing then surely they could make sure it is quality before it’s added?

But, I don’t know the technical in’s and outs of it all, just a little something I thought I might suggest!

1 Like

Hmmm… I like the idea, but I doubt its do-able.

2 Likes

This seems doable. There would be people monitoring the liveries being put in.

5 Likes

Maybe we could have a Steam workshop sort of thing where people can install extra, community made liveries? Certainly good if we ever got a PC version…

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

@AmericanAirlines think that should go in the thread I just read about JFK :-)

1 Like

Airport editors are currently not working on any 3D structures. They are not supported in IF, and aren’t implemented by the editors until a time in the future when they are supported :)

3 Likes

I had a similar idea where you can put decals on the generics :D

It would save the dev’s time.

1 Like

Can you add it so we can make custom paint jobs

Well that’s the point of this suggestion, isn’t it?

In a way yes

1 Like

@BavariaAVIATION
For TSK liveries

1 Like

Let’s just wait until we know more ;)

1 Like

They could approve the livery and its Callsign on live

2 Likes

We have airport editors?!