This is probably the most ambitious feature request I’ve made but I’m hopeful that It may be added one day
What I’m proposing is that Infinite Flight Community Members are given the ability to add their own aircraft soothing similar to the idea of Steam Workshop.
How it would work
I’ll lay it step by step
- An IFC Member would think of an aircraft and begin programming accurate Physics, Textures, Sounds, Etc.
- After finishing the programming they would send it to a developer or tester and they would make sure that it is up to standards of IF and if any work is needed they would in turn say things that need improvement or fixed.
- After the issues are ironed out the aircraft would be implemented in the next update.
- Happy community because they make their own planes and they would probably be quite pleased :)
Ways to get the aircraft onto the devices
There are many ways to go about this but here is my idea.
If you look on he aircraft selection page there is a box that says “Show Legacy Planes” there could be a box that says “Show community contributions” or something along those lines then all community planes are shown and the player can choose the plane they wish to fly as usual.
Issues with this
There are always issues with any software so Ill list them and you can add what else could go wrong in the replies and I will add them if they are reasonable
- IF servers may have issues with so many different planes flying and could cause lag spikes and poor performance
2.The aircraft people make could be to the point where they are so advanced with polygons it may cause old devices to perform poorly
Positives with this
1.It allows anyone with coding skills to harness their ability’s to benefit the Community and IF
2.It allows for aircraft selection to be wider and more diverse encouraging more exploration
3.It relives pressure from the IF devs in the long term due to them not being harassed to “hurry up”
4.It would make the Simulator the Best Flight Sim in the Mobile Industry by far and may never be caught up
5.It would make the less informed people in the community realise how difficult programming realistic aircraft is giving the devs more compassion for their hard work
I do hope you agree with this and are able to vote for this the community is very talented and allows for you to show your skills for peoples benefit.
If there are any concerns you have please let me know and I’ll answer to the best of my abilities
Happy Flying :)