Community Choice FNF - Voting Open!

Assuming I understood this phrase correctly, make sure not to suggest this twice 🙂

Texas Round Up @ KDFW

Texas is BIG!

• 6 Runways for the volume
  • Hub for American Airlines / American Eagle (CRJs!)
  • 5 Commercial Terminals, many cargo spawns.
  • North/South orientation makes approaches simplified. East runways for inbound from East US, West for west.
  • Ample parking day and night (people spouting howdy neighbor)
  • Middle of the country. 2-3 hours to either coast.
  • International routes
  • Room for all sizes

OTHER AIRPORTS

• KSAT San Antonio
  • KAUS Austin
  • KHOU Houston Hobby
  • KIAH George Bush International
  • KAMA Amarillo
  • KELP El Paso
  • Additional charlies for newer members to ATC

NOTAM

• KDFW will have a TFR closing close by airports. (DAL, etc)

ESTABLISHED ROUTES TO/FROM

• KMIA
  • KORD
  • KLAX
  • KDEN
  • KSAT
  • KATL
14 Likes

Last month’s event was not at KSJC

The way I preciveved it was not to suggest the airport the last community chosen FNF was at.

@Declan_O @BigBert10 fair enough then, seems I interpreted it wrong.

1 Like

That would actually be pretty unique, a great way to celebrate Airbus’ 50th!

1 Like

Dallas Fort Worth Intl.

(DFW)
Dallas Fort Worth is a great location for an FNF! With a couple parallel runways, a unique layout, and traffic from all around the world. anyone is welcome! Anyone who loves American, your in luck. This is their main hub! I would love an FNF here, because there are so many different routes and aircraft to chose from! This is also my home airport, so this would really appeal to me of course! Hope you guys take this into consideration!

And close by is DAL which is Southwest’s hub so that could be open for ATC as well! (NOTAM: no flying in between airports)

Yes it would. That’s the first thing that popped up in my mind when this topic opened.

1 Like

Minneapolis St. Paul International Airport (KMSP)

Large international airport that has often been neglected in the ATC calendar. Many interesting long hauls such as to EHAM, EGLL, LFPG, and places in Asia such as Tokyo and Seoul, also connects many destinations in the US and South America. It has 4 runways and has been rated the number 1 airport that handles 25-40 million passengers 3 years in a row! It was also the former HQ of Northwest and is now Delta’s third largest hub by passenger traffic!

Runways

Number Length Width Condition Surface Frequency
4/22 11,006 feet (3,355 m) 150 feet (46 m) Good Concrete 126.700
12R/30L 10,000 feet (3,048 m) 200 feet (61 m) Excellent Concrete 126.700
12L/30R 8,200 feet (2,499 m) 150 feet (46 m) Good Concrete 123.950
17/35 8,000 feet (2,438 m) 150 feet (46 m) Excellent Concrete 123.675

Routes:

1 Like
 Los Angeles International Airport

Why this Airport you ask? 

LAX is in the westchester district of the city of Los Angeles, California, 18 miles (13km) southwest of Downtown Los Angeles, with the commercial and residential areas of Westchester to the north, the city of El Segundo to the south and the city of IngleWood to the east. Owned and operated by Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA), an agency of the government of Los Angeles formerly known as the Department of Airports, the airport covers 3,500 acres of land, LAX has four parallel runways.

In 2018, LAX handled 87,534,384 passengers, making it the World’s Fourth Busiest Airport airport in the US, LAX is a major international gateway to the United States, and also serves a connection point for passengers traveling internationally. The airport holds the record for the world’s busiest origin and destination airport, since relative to other airports, many more travelers begin or end their trips in Los Angeles than use it as a connection. It is also the only airport to rank among the top five U.S. airports for both passenger and cargo traffic

LAX also serves as a hub or focus city for more passenger airlines than any other in the US ***It is the only Airport in the United States that four US Legacy Carriers (Alaska, American, Delta and United) Have designated as a hub and is a focus city for Air New Zealand, Allegiant Air, Norwegian Air shuttle, Qantas, Southwest, and Volaris

In my opinion Of why this airport should be an FNF is that well it’s definitely a super busy airport IRL here on IF there are barely any planes land and depart here so LAX could use some Love

1 Like

I would love to have LAX if it wasn’t used like almost every single week as a featured airport.

I’d love to see EGKK alive. The airport hardly gets control controlled and I live quite close to it. I don’t remember it ever being the FNF airport before but if you can get some good controllers there it should be alright. It’s also one of or the most busiest single runway airports in the world so it will be a cool experience.

Why not CYUL? CYUL is the only international airport serving the province of Quebec and the city of Montreal, Canada. It is also my home airport. There hasn’t been FNF’s in Canada so it would be great that CYUL host’s the title of FNF. Also, CYUL is a very underrated airport in IF and I think that it could receive a bit more traffic. CYUL has three runways and has all four ATC positions. There are over 90 gates so parking shouldn’t be an issue. I hope that this airport will at least be in the final poll.

1 Like

San Jose International Airport (SJC/KSJC)

Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport is a commercial, cargo, reliever, and GA airport, with service to destinations all over the world. From Volaris to Hainan to Southwest, the airport connects many passengers and is a focus city for Southwest and Alaska Airlines.

The airport has 2 runways and many commercial gates. It also has cargo gates and over 80 for GA aircraft!

SFO and OAK are also 2 major airports near this one and overshadow it, so it would be great to have this airport featured and many aircraft and players flying to/from it!

4 Likes

Helsinki Vantaa Airport (HEL/EFHK)
In my opinion, I feel like EFHK is definitely underserved yet suitable for an FNF. It’s the busiest airport in Finland and the fourth busiest in the Nordic countries. Additionally, the airport has three runways, two of which are parallel, to efficiently keep traffic moving. The routes list is diverse with destinations ranging from Tromso to Tokyo to Puerto Vallarta, with majority of routes being operated by Finnair who has their main base here.

Along with EFHK, some other airports in the area could be open to complement the traffic including EETN, ESSA, ENGM, ULLI, and EVRA.

Also, let’s be real - it’s been a while since there was a good bit of traffic here. :)

4 Likes

CYYZ, Toronto Pearson International Airport

image image

Is CYYZ capable of handling FNF traffic?

Capable of handling FNF traffic, and then some, Toronto Pearson airport would be the perfect destination for an FNF. Two huge terminals, complimented by 5 runways capable of handling any aircraft, including a parallel set. Toronto Pearson is capable of handling an FNF, and would be an ease on IFATC controllers knowing terrain is extremely minimal in the surrounding area.

Why at CYYZ?

I know what you must be thinking, it’s not like CYYZ is the only airport in the world capable of dealing with FNF traffic. But, Toronto’s diversity of routes is on an EGLL, or KJFK scale. Anywhere from Pakistan, to Santiago, to Hong Kong, services CYYZ. Due to the colder climate, CYYZ features a large amount of southern routes to get away and get some heat. It would be a great idea to feature CYYZ, and various airports down south as an FNF. Something like CYYZ as a main hub, and MMUN, MDSD, TNCM, MDPC, MYNN, as secondary airports, would be a perfect FNF to please all.

6 Likes

LEMD
Adolfo SuĂĄrez Madrid Barajas is a good idea for the FNF because is a very large airport with four runways
Theme:Iberia vs Vueling

Please MMUN I have requested this the last 2 times no luck now after the recent airport update MMUN has terminal 4 then new terminal that houses multiple long hauls and shorthauls Cancun’s beautiful beaches are great for a GA hop to MMCZ
MMUN in my opinion satisfies everyone’s needs expect for the military aviation enthusiasts

image https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRsqsfInJaFeNmpUQZztwT7IcLI8Chdq7ZNF01mmPwJEEplFi_t

1 Like

I think that the airport(s) for this FNF should be the Buenos Aires area. I believe that this is a very good choice for several reasons. One reason is because it has been neglected in IF. I can’t remember the last time I saw ATC in Buenos Aires, even though it is one of the largest cities in the world. The second reason is that the two commercial airports have a multitude of real-life routes flown by airlines from all over the world. These include Aerolíneas Argentinas (the flag carrier of Argentina), Delta, KLM, Lufthansa, LATAM, and many, many more.

The two airports include:

Ezeiza Ministro Pistarini International Airport: (SAEZ)

This is the larger, intercontinental airport located outside of Buenos Aires proper, and has many airlines from North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Oceania that serve it. It has 3 runways and many gates. It is also a hub for AerolĂ­neas Argentinas and LATAM Argentina.

Aeroparque Internacional Jorge Newbery: (SABE)

This airport is the smaller of the two airports, but is still an international airport. It is located on the coast, inside the city limits of Buenos Aires. This airport serves several destinations in Argentina, Uruguay, and Paraguay. It has 1 runway with more than enough gates for its size. It is also a hub for AerolĂ­neas Argentinas, Austral LĂ­neas Aereas (a subsidiary of AerolĂ­neas), Norwegian Air Argentina, Avianca Argentina, LATAM Argentina, and Andes LĂ­neas AĂ©reas.

SAEZ:

Possible routes include:

• SAEZ-LIRF (Alitalia, AerolĂ­neas Argentinas)
  • SAEZ-LEMD (Air Europa, Iberia, AerolĂ­neas Argentinas)
  • SAEZ-KATL (Delta)
  • SAEZ-KMIA (American Airlines, AerolĂ­neas Argentinas)
  • SAEZ-MMUN (AerolĂ­neas Argentinas)
  • SAEZ-NZAA (Air New Zealand)

SABE:
Possible routes include:

• SABE-SACO (AerolĂ­neas Argentinas, Austral LĂ­neas Aereas Andes LĂ­neas AĂ©reas, LATAM, Norwegian)
  • SABE-SAWH (AerolĂ­neas Argentinas, LATAM)
  • SABE-SARI (AerolĂ­neas Argentinas, Austral LĂ­neas Aereas, Andes LĂ­neas AĂ©reas, LATAM, Norwegian)

Please vote for this choice, as Argentina, let alone South America is a very neglected area in IF.
Thanks

Brussels airport EBBR

1 Like