Community Choice #FNF - Holiday Edition!

Hey everyone!

A while back we opened up the FNF to our community for a short period. This will happen again early next year, but for now, we’d love you to give us ideas for your favourite holiday themed FNF!

Please do not request locations of recent events!

Guidelines

To get your suggestion seen by staff, we suggest you make it as detailed as possible! Here are a few tips we have for making a suggestion:

1. State the name and code of the airport

2. Give well-written reasons as to why the airport is a good choice

3. Make sure the suggestion meets the criteria for an FNF airport. These include, but are not limited to, multiple runways, multiple frequencies, a large number of parking gates and an area that has not been recently used!

4. Holiday themed! This can be from any culture, location or section of the world. The holiday must take place in Dec/Jan!

Suggestions will be taken until Monday evening 1800Z. A poll will then be in place.

So, without further ado, we would love to hear suggestions for this week’s FNF below! Multiple airports are allowed.

80 Likes

Please note, this can be from any holiday from any culture, the holiday itself being big or small, during the December/Jan period!

28 Likes

VABB - Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport [Mumbai]

Why VABB?

• World’s busiest single runway airport | Handled about 837 flights a day or one in 65 seconds on an average in fiscal 2017.
• Mumbai is famous for many things, the Gateway Of India, the Elephanta Island, the Marine Drive and of course Bollywood.
• Also my home airport.
• VABB-VIDP is one of the world’s busiest route.
• Excellent Route Connectivity.
• Hub for @AirIndiavirtual @anon42857826 and Indigo (Upcoming VA)
• VABB as Primary/Secondary Hub along with VIDP would be the perfect FNF combination ever.
• Delta Airlines would be restarting it’s New York-Mumbai flight services from today!

Looking for A359 routes? I got you.

EDDM-VABB
WSSS-VABB
FIMP-VABB
HAAB-VABB
LFPG-VABB - Aircraft change announced not in effect yet

Show India 🇮🇳 some love

60 Likes

Hey, look, am I early this time?
I think it would be super cool to do Hong Kong (VHHH)! hmm I wonder why I chose this
Chinese New Year falls in late January this year, and during this period many people will be heading home to visit their family for a time of celebration. I don’t recall it being an FNF recently despite its prominent hub status that shoves out so much traffic with only 2 parallel runways!
It could also perhaps have a dual hub status with some other big Chinese airports such as ZBAD!

8 Likes

Stockholm Arlanda: ESSA
Because we all know Schyllberg is secretly santa and therefore since his home airport(ESSB) is small for the event, why not go for the next closest to our IFC santa!

12 Likes

McGee Tyson Airport. KTYS

Yes I know this airport is small, we only get regionals, and it is a military base. Why not choose the FNF around this area? It’s a great place with beautiful beautiful view from the Smokey mountains and is exceptional, breathtaking to be honest. TYS would be a great opportunity for people to explore the mountains and beyond there. For more information here ya go. Almost everyone in The Knoxville, Sevierville, and Gatlinburg area. Many many people come here each year to spend their time with family and other holidays. Each place has a Christmas parade with many Christmas dinner shows 🤫. Around this area it’s the most wonderful time of the year. Yes it really is. For more information about the airport down below and below that more information about Christmas in this area.

https://visitsevierville.com/winterfest.aspx

(I still think TYS would be a great option, along with KDKDX)

2 Likes

I recommend MMMX!
Mexico City is a popular holiday getaway destination especially during the winter time!

With two runways, multiple frequencies and a fun approach, this is perfect for a FNF/Event!

Additionally, MMUN, Cancun, could also be featured along with MMMX, as its a popular destination as well!

10 Likes

Bucharest Otopeni, Romania (LROP)

About the Airport :
Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport (Romanian: Aeroportul Internațional Henri Coandă București ) (IATA: OTP , ICAO: LROP ) is Romania’s busiest international airport, located in Otopeni, 16.5 km (10.3 mi) north of Bucharest’s city centre.[1] It is currently one of two airports serving the capital of Romania. The other is Aurel Vlaicu Airport, which no longer serves scheduled passenger traffic.

The airport is named after Romanian flight pioneer Henri Coandă, builder of Coandă-1910 aircraft and discoverer of the Coandă effect of fluidics. Prior to May 2004, the official name was Bucharest Otopeni International Airport (Romanian: Aeroportul Internațional București Otopeni ). Henri Coandă International Airport serves as headquarters for TAROM, the country’s national airline.[3] It also serves as a base of operations for low-cost airlines Blue Air, Ryanair and Wizz Air. It is managed by The National Company Bucharest Airports S.A. ( Compania Națională Aeroporturi București S.A. ).[4] The military section of the airport is used by the 90th Airlift Flotilla of the Romanian Air Force.
Source : Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org

Henri Coandă International Airport

Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport (Romanian: Aeroportul Internațional Henri Coandă București) (IATA: OTP, ICAO: LROP) is Romania’s busiest international airport, located in Otopeni, 16.5 km (10.3 mi) north of Bucharest’s city centre. It is currently one of two airports serving the capital of Romania. The other is Aurel Vlaicu Airport, which no longer serves scheduled passenger traffic. The airport is named after Romanian flight pioneer Henri Coandă, builder of Coandă-1910 aircraft and…

Why this Airport will be awesome for The FNF ? :

• Lots of destinations you can choose from
  • The Airport is miraculously situated in a beautiful place , surrounded at the West and at the North by the Carpathian Mountains , at the East by the Great Romanian Plain , and at the South by the busy Bucharest
  • Many airlines serve Bucharest , esspecially the low cost ones like Blue Air , Wizz Air and Ryanair, and i think it will be nice to fly one of 100+ routes Bucharest Otopeni is serving
  • The airport has numerous parking slots , frequencies and runways!
  • And the last one, LROP has never been featured in the FNF , and also Romania is getting no
    attention from IF ,so it will be nice to see Romania is starting to get some attention

Thank you!

I will be very happy and excited to see LROP featured in the FNF , so i am looking further for my dream to become true!

9 Likes

Guys… Please 😂

2 Likes

Thats why i suggested ESSA ;)

1 Like

Ah true didn’t catch that. I think somewhere up north is a good idea :)

I would say an airport in Portugal, like LPPT or LPPR, but thats most likely never to be featured :(

2 Likes

I’m not judging at all, just take things said over the internet a little lightly 😄

What I’m meaning is can it operate realistically, does it have many real world flights and in what way is it or could it be holiday themed?

It might be too small an airport for FNF and it doesnt have multiple frequencies

2 Likes

It doesnt have multiple freq in IF…

1 Like

Oh, here comes @Leon_B with ZSPD

7 Likes

And additionally, would it appeal to the international community? Just some feedback :)

Let’s give Chinese airports some love ❤️

There’re plenty of good airports in China, e.g. ZBAA, ZSPD, ZUUU, ZBAD, ZGGG, etc. They all have good airport layouts (parallel runways are the main ones). A lot of them are large hubs in the world among the list of the busiest airports :) China hasn’t been featured lately in FNF as well. As Chinese New Year are drawing closer, I would strongly recommend Chinese airports to be featured during the Chinese New Year which will be taken place in January. This will a great holiday theme. I think this layout will bring more pilots and ease the ATC’s job.

Here’re some examples of the Chinese airports.

1. ZSPD
  1. ZBAA
  1. ZBAD
11 Likes

Melbourne International Airport would be an awesome candidate for a Holiday FNF. From it’s humble city folk to it’s bustling city life and welcoming atmosphere in and around the state of Victoria Australia. Multiple airlines operate out of Tullamarine airport and flying all over the world to every continent except Antarctica, there is a large variety of gates available and has two intersecting runways for the large demand of the FNF. My vision for this holiday FNF is a City HUB to a regional airport, example Tullamarine to Mildura, Tullamarine to Albury. This would allow for people to explore places they would have never thought of exploring. Secondary HUB’s could be used to make outback mail runs in QantasLink Dash 8’s or Qantas 737’s, a couple of examples are Tullamarine to Canberra, Tullamarine to Albury, they could be used as secondary HUB’s. A featured route could be added to make a round trip, like Tullamarine to Mildura - Mildura to Sydney - Sydney to Melbourne making a triangular like round trip.

Airfield Information

Airport Codes

• IATA: MEL
  • ICAO: YMML
  • WMO: 94866

Runways

Direction Length Surface
09/27 2,286 7,500 Asphalt
16/34 3,657 11,998 Asphalt

Information and pictures courtesy of Wikipedia

10 Likes