Communication with ATC

I was flying at KBFI in expert server, practising touch and go during gusty winds.
Nearby airport KSEA got active and asked me to contact tower. I didn’t knew how to contact ATC at such circumstance. I was disconnected from the server for not replying to the tower.
How to I contact tower at such scenarios?

I think the first thing is that you should try not to do patterns in an airport that is overflown by the final approach of another major airport. It tends to be confusing for ATC and other pilots in terms of separation. At the end of the day, though, the controller was in the wrong. They should see that you were on the Unicom and doing patterns in the airport nearby and not their own. As long as you were properly using Unicom, there isn’t really a reason you should have been disconnected. I would try to PM the controller a friendly message explaining this. Hope this helps! Have a good one.

1 Like

It’s impossible to know if the controller or you were in the wrong based off the information provided. Contact the @appeals inbox with your replay file and we’ll be able to help figure out why that occurred.

1 Like