Communication issue with ATC & radio Freq

when am using the unicom (radio freq.) = without ATC staff everything seems to be fine and running as usual but when ATC is there the problem start to appear.

The issue is that I can hear him clearly and I can initiate response but I believe he can’t hear my message transmission.
(1) In first two pics you can see that I departed 2 h ago and I tuned out of freq. but still am getting transmissions.

(2) When it comes to arrival, I initiate my request two times without any response form ATC then he asked me for my intention and I replied but he didn’t receive it as he asked me again for intentions. “Luckly one of my group flights reached him and we managed to bring me down safe without disturbing the traffic flow.”

(3) Lastly, I contacted ground but it was the same thing as twr.

I have to mention that,
1- there was no problem during departure.
2- Some (not all) surrounding planes were labled as unknown in my map which also happened to me before but because I didn’t encounter ATC through that flight i didn’t give it that much care.
3- The internet connection was stable through whole flight time with four green check mark.
4- Obviously, I was visible to all surrounding and in live flight app as well. Which indicate it is not connection issue related.
5- Before two week I got violation level 3 while am in ground due to same problem (communication issue) but I reach the appeal team and they managed to resolve it.
6- This issue starts to appear with me after the newest update 23.3

Since problem started two weeks ago I tried clear the cache file, log out of my account, restart my phone and reinstall the app.

iphone XR
ios 17.1.1

Thank u sorry for this long post but I hope I explained it enough

1 Like

I can confirm that we experienced this issue. We were on an IAGVA event flight from Miami to Tocumen. I could hear ATC message transmissions to the pilot in question but the message transmissions of the pilot couldn’t be heard although these messages were transmitted on the ATC log

3 Likes

I have the same issue but I also can’t hear ATC and all planes are labled as unknown and this has been an issue for at least two weeks for me

2 Likes

am not sure but in your case it seems that it is network issue so pls check your internet connection but also clear the cache file from settings option and delete old replays.
hopefully this will fix it

2 Likes

I even tried to uninstall and reinstall the game and nothing seems to work and the system status says that it’s all working so I don’t understand

2 Likes

Try updating your device’s system, it might work

1 Like

Are you using a VPN by chance?

Also, what type of data connection are you using? I’m aware of an issue where this happens with a couple mobile carriers.

Are you using a VPN by chance?

Like I asked the other individual encountering issues, what type of data connection are you using? Are you on a home internet connection via Wi-Fi or mobile data?

I previously experienced problems similar to what you’re describing - the issue was network related.

2 Likes

I rarely use VPN but I deleted it from this device which I am using for IF and haven’t had any problems so far.
thank u for mentioning that

1 Like

Thanks @W0X0F!