Communication issue on Advanced?

EVERYONE: Please keep in mind that the issue I had was resolved. It is the same issue as tower not being able to communicate with an unknown aircraft. Only thing is the aircraft would not know they are unknown unless they are pretty much ghosted.

I was on advance just now flew from Kona to Honolulu. I am not sure if there was communication issue but I was sending messages to both approach and tower and not once did I get a message back. Marcello was on APPR, Wizziam was on tower at PNHL. Just want to make sure what was going on.

Ended flight when I never got a cross rwy 08L .

Device: iPhone 6 (latest software)
Infinite Flight- most up to date version

2 Likes

Maybe @MarcelloM and the other controller could help.

1 Like

The Unicom was from his starting airport. Read it more carefully

2 Likes

Where do you see Unicom? I was asking permission from both appr and tower?

Nvm I see the Unicom. Yea that was from Kona

1 Like

Yes sorry I was wrong

1 Like

Hi,yes you was UNKNOWN for me,so i vectored all around you,is an issue that we have, if try to communicate with you my app crash,so I left you and only vectors to alls others.

2 Likes

I am sorry you had this issues @Alan_Perez , I am glad it has been sorted out. Thank you for the terrific manners you used while reporting the incident. I wish everyone had the same posture. Happy flights!

2 Likes

ah okay, thanks for the heads up. Is there a way for me to know when I am appearing as unknown or do I have to wait until I am close to the end of flight and restart when I cant communicate with ATC?

Also, for some reason, after new year’s whenever I try to fly on my cellular data I get red signaled. I have only been able to fly on wifi. Is there some way I can fix this?

You can see when you don’t get answers from controllers,You was lucky,generally we ghost when we see UNKNOWN,of course after will be reserved by mods,in this case I let you go because i had time to organise the traffic around you,and yes you eas going good

1 Like

yea when I didnt get answers I started watching the traffic around me and tried to slow down and provide spacing as well as follow their speed. Thank you for not ghosting me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.