Common Mistakes: How to Fix Them!

Nice one as usual

1 Like

Means a lot knowing that this will help someone, that was the entire focus! And rest assured that these mistakes were not chosen out of the blue. As an IFATC tester, these are some of the mistakes we see when performing a practical, so I’ve made this in hope of teaching proper ATC techniques, and ideally getting more people onto the IFATC team!

Thanks guys!

6 Likes

Always great seeing instances that can help clear some confusion and to help future IFATC controllers hear from an actual IFATC controller!

Minus a couple brownie points for using yourself in the scenarios ;)

1 Like

😪

Agreed, I wish other IFATC would be as willing to share their knowledge with newcomers and aspiring controllers. Someone has to do it!

3 Likes

This is very well made, congrats, Shane.

1 Like

A great guide for aspiring IFATC Controllers and great topic indeed !!! Well done Shane . 👏😀

1 Like

Amazing guide, well done. I wished I had this when I was joining IFATC. :)

1 Like

Impressive work Shane, great job!!

1 Like

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Exactly, I wish I did as well. Fortunately, I had people who went out of their way to help me understand these things, but hopefully this topic will suffice for those that should pick up on these tactics.

4 Likes

Great job Shane! Really nice work!

1 Like

Probably one of the best ATC posts I’ve ever seen. There’s so much in there that I didn’t knew I was doing wrong.
Just THANK YOU!

1 Like

QUICK! BOOKMARK! BOOKMARK!

4 Likes

Giving this topic a bump. I really and truly think these are some valuable lessons to be learned within the air traffic control world, and I’d like as many people as possible to see this.

I remember back to the days of my tracking thread and wished that I had a resource such as this. Hopefully, this topic helps even more people than it already has, which I’m grateful for, so let’s keep it alive!

3 Likes

It’s nice topic to me!!
Thx a lot !

1 Like

It truly helped me learn when you linked both of your topics to me in my how to prepare for practical exam topic thank you ShaneAviation!

1 Like

Nice tutorial!!

1 Like

Giving this topic another bump as we come up on the 90 day mark before automatic closure. I’d like to thank @Nee and @Cooper_Marcukaitis for the continued support and linking of this topic on tracking threads throughout the community. I’m glad you both agree that there are valuable lessons to be learned within this topic!

Thanks to everyone who helps and shares this topic around, and with this bump, hopefully more people can see this. 😁❤️

4 Likes

About a month since the last reply… I did find this useful, although the user guide is the first thing one should consult before becoming IFATC. I am not an IFATC and this is a recurring tip that I am parroting.

2 Likes

I feel more aspiring ATCs need to see this, especially with the influx of applications coming in this summer.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.