(COMMON BUG) A321/B744 rocking severely even with light turbulence and slight rudder movement

TEST 1: DE3926, Transatlantic flight from EBBR-KBOS. The A321 sways several times even with light turbulence. Thought it was the severe turbulence due to Storm Isha. A321 rocks at FL350 even with the wind of 296 @ 38 knots, something that would have been treated impossible due to severe turbulence due SIGMET. Rolling slows down at FL310, even with windspeeds of 70+ knots. Below MLW.

TEST 2: QF29, 1:43 flight from RPLL-VHHX. The aircraft rocks even with the lightest turbulence.

TEST 3: Random solo flight with an A321. 0 knots of windspeed. Overreacting to rudder movement. FL350.

Device: Oppo Reno 13
Operating system: Android 13.1

The A321 in Infinite Flight is known to exhibit this sort of rocking behaviour when its too high for its weight.

2 Likes

the issue may have been in the physics of the aircraft rather than the weight distribution.

The A321 rocking is a known issue. I was doing a flight from London to Boston on a JetBlue A321 and at one point autopilot went off as the plane went absolutely berserker and I dropped a good 4000 ft. Climbed 2000 ft from where I recovered from my USAir Flight 427 ordeal, and it was fine (probably because, like Benny mentioned, the plane was probably too high).

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.