Commercial Long Solo XC Complete!

Hey y’all! I’m sure a few of you saw @Kstate 's topic about their long cross country they completed recently. I coincidentally also was able to complete my commercial long solo XC this past weekend!

To provide some background- if you are pursuing a commercial pilot certificate (at least in the US), like I am, one of the requirements to be eligible to receive the certificate is to complete “One solo cross country of at least 300 NM with full stop landings at a minimum of 3 points one of which is at least 250 NM from the starting point”. (Part 61)

This was by far my longest flight or XC I’ve ever completed, and it was overall a great experience! It really did test my ability to plan and prepare for a long flight.

My route: KCPS-KRUE-KGRE-KCPS
Total flight time: 5.5 hours
Total distance flown: 562 NM
How sore my butt got: Very

Here are a few pictures from my flight!

Great broken layer views on the way to Russellville.

Stable air mass allowed for smooth flying and somewhat low visibility as you can see in this picture.

I really enjoyed the scenery of flying over two national forests on the way down. This is Ozark National Forest.

Beautiful lake view near Mountain Home, Arkansas.

2.5 hours in, parked at KRUE after getting some 100LL gatorade.

Passing by KBLV on the way to GRE. At this point (hour 4) I was so bored I had started singing to myself.

Bonus photo: I flew a few weeks ago into KSUS and an aviation photographer took this photo of me on short final. I really like it.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed!

32 Likes

Amazing pictures and congrats!

1 Like

Billiken 23 looking extra hot

1 Like

Big moves! Congratulations and best of luck with the rest of your training.

3 Likes

Awesome! Love the pics. I was also bored, so i just kept taking pictures to pass time 🤣

1 Like

KRUE! Russellville, Arkansas! Been there many times and a great burger joint not to far from the airport.

1 Like

Congrats, boat man!

1 Like