Commercial Airline Pilot

he wants to be a commercial pilot not many people can pay £125k with out of pure passion you also have to be able to pay off the loans too. If you don’t get hired do it as hobby instead a PPL costs less than £20k

1 Like

Driver is correct but: in my experience military aviator punch out before there eligible for retirement with thousands of hour and boot strap directly into a commercial left seat at about 30+. There another up side to the mil path; you can have fun braking things and killing people as your flying proficiencies expand exponentially.

I said 125k for the jetblue program not for every flying thing out there. My college degree and all my flight ratings combined were 80k. Prices have gone up significantly since I went to school but it’s still attainable. Plus the money shouldn’t be a factor if it’s your passion. I didn’t have the money but I found a way through loans. Bottom line if you want it you make it happen! The only thing stopping you is yourself and your medical fitness for flight.

3 Likes

Sorry I had to correct this,

A: Military guys do not punch out straight into the left seat of an airline! They start as cocky FOs and soon are humbled to the way of the airline world where ranking and number of kill shots mean nothing! Safety is paramount and that’s all the airlines care about.

B: most military pilots retire with a third of the time that most civilian pilots have when hired at majors. Your availability civilian pilots have 3000-4000 hours when hired by Delta, UAL, AA. Your availability military pilot may have 1500-2000 hours depending on if they fly heavies of fighters. Some fighter pilots barely break the 1000 hour markers and need a multiplier in order to be considered for a major airline.

3 Likes

Well it’s a pleasurable feeling to be corrected by a Professional. I’ll defer to @Heavydriver before I stick my foot in my mouth on this type topic again because of a fading memory. I spoke from my dated personal experience when the Commercial Pilot pipe line was chocablocked with retreads back in the day. Warm Regards Driver…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.