Colombia’s southern neighbor ( FLIGHT 2 )

Sorry if I posted this later than expected I had an event today but that’s done and we can continue the story!

Currently it is about 4am here in Guayaquil, Ecuador 🇪🇨 where I arrived yesterday from Miami 🏝️😎 and now it’s time to catch a flight on LATAMs Airbus A319 our west towards the Galápagos Islands yeah like Colombia 🇨🇴 Ecuador also has islands off the coast of the mainland and since I went to San Andrés when I went to Colombia it made sense that now in Ecuador, I go to the Galapagos and heck one day when I go to Chile 🇨🇱 to visit my moms cousin who’s living in Santiago I might head to EASTER ISLAND to! that’s for the future not now obviously but back to the story, I made my way to Guayaquil’s José Joaquín de Olmedo International Airport to get this trip over to the islands started, Let’s check out LATAM once again!

Flight Info

Origin: José Joaquín de Olmedo Intl 🇪🇨 ( SEGU )
Destination: Seymour Galapagos Ecological Airport 🇪🇨 ( SEGS )
Flight Time: 1:35 ( including go around )
Airbus A319-100 ( LATAM )
Server: Expert

After a simple check in process, security and short stop for coffee ☕️ here in GYE here is the A319 taking us over to the islands today. Honestly even though I like Airbus planes especially the A350, I’m more of a Boeing person probably because I’m more used to them like the amount of 737s and 757s I’ve flown on is insane but don’t get me wrong. The A320 family is nice and so is the A350 I just prefer Boeing simply because I’ve flown more Boeing than Airbus but not trying to start a war here okay? 😅

Here is our seat for this short 1 and a 1/2 hour flight, it was pretty basic but got the job done which is the most important thing! But it did provide a good wing view which also matters a lot to me!

Luckily, the terminal is very close to the end of RWY 21 so it didn’t take long for us to taxi out and take off from GYE on our way to the Galapagos!

Goodbye Guayaquil, See you Monday! 👋

Once we reached our cruising altitude of FL320, the cabin crew came around with snacks and a drink of choice, similar to what American offers on their short flights like this. Basic but got the job done! 3 stars here ⭐️⭐️⭐️ and there really wasn’t much to do since it’s just water out the window for pretty much the entire flight, I just went onto LATAMs app to watch some movies to pass the time.

Soon enough the movie ended, islands came into view and it was time to reflect, overall irbid was pretty much like your average short domestic flight in the US 🇺🇸 crew were great, snacks and drinks were nice and the seat was average but it still was WAYY better than Spirits and Frontiers seats.

I thought this was going to be a smooth flight with NO errors or anything, I was WRONG first sign of trouble came when we leveled off on final, then all the sudden we kind of NOSE DIVED to get back on level still too high. Soon enough, I heard the engines on TOGA and the captain announced a go around, smart decision from the captain as always, Safety First!

We entered the right traffic pattern for RWY 14 to try again and thankfully, we didn’t have any issues this time so was it smooth? NOPE we had to deal with crosswinds now.

TOUCHDOWN! Yeah quite literally, It was HARD but anyways, Welcome to Seymour Galapagos Ecological airport the main airport serving the Galápagos Islands! And this landing definitely felt like San Andrés, wonder if Easter Island will play different. 🤔

Parking here is quite weird, we entered the apron and did a 180 turn to park, quite cool to be honest never experienced this before, I also talked with the captain and asked him what was going on and why we went around, he told me it was due to a VNAV and ILS fault anyways, her went inside to do CUSTOMS yes even though we were still in Ecuador we went through customs as this isn’t the mainland similar to my CLO → ADZ flight as well as flight to US territories and Hawaii like Puerto Rico 🇵🇷 The US Virgin Islands 🇻🇮 and Guam 🇬🇺 all they was check our bag, I rented myself a small buggy to go around the island and go to my hotel I have reserved for the nights here in the island anyways, that’s all for this flight stay tuned for Monday where I head back to Guayaquil once again on LATAMs A319 and as always, between now and the next time see you in the sky! 😉👋

8 Likes

Nice tripreport

1 Like

Thanks mate!