Colombia’s southern neighbor ( FLIGHT 1 )

As a kid who grew up in Colombia 🇨🇴 I always wondered, “what where our neighbors like?” I remember asking my teacher back in kindergarten if she knew anything about the countries around us and she told me about the Gran Colombia which split long ago creating 2 NEW counties Ecuador 🇪🇨 and Venezuela 🇻🇪 that’s why there flags are similar to Colombia’s and now that I’m older and I can travel the world on my own, I wanted to visit these countries to see what they were like and if they were EXACTLY or WAYY DIFFERENT than Colombia. Unfortunately due to problems in Venezuela, NO airlines fly between the USA 🇺🇸 and Venezuela in fact somebody who I went to school with is from Venezuela and she told me her mom had to fly to Bogotá first than to Cúcuta which is another city in Colombia and she DRIVES into Venezuela on the other hand, Ecuador is very easy to reach many non stop flights from the US mainly from Miami 🏝️😎 by there are a few from New York City 🗽🍎 and from what one of my friends who is Ecuadorian told me is that “if you ever go to Ecaudor, go to Guayaquil and the Galapagos” and that’s what I’m doing! Just like when I went to Colombia in February I’ll first fly to Guayaquil and than later in the morning the next day, I’ll catch my flight or the Galapagos on LATAM but this will only be about the MIA → GYE flight but let’s get in the car and make out way down to MIA to get this trip started!

Flight Info

Origin: Miami Intl 🇺🇸 ( KMIA )
Destination: José Joaquín de Olmedo Intl 🇪🇨 ( SEGU )
Flight Time: 3:52
Boeing 737-800 ( American Airlines )
Server: Expert

To be honest, I was iffy about this flight not because of the service but instead the comfort this flight was ALMOST 4 HOURS LONG. 4 hours in a 737 which are normally used on domestic flights an A321 would’ve been a better choice American but I prepared for this flight, due to points I was able to reserve first class for this flight and thus, I was able to access the lounge to get coffee ☕️ from there and I needed it since this flight was pretty early too I woke up at around 3am to catch this flight, but I got to the gate to see the Boeing 737-800 taking me down to Ecuador this morning, I can’t hold my excitement to go back down to South America!

Here is our seat for this flight south, it’s like every single domestic first class seat in the US since the 737s are mainly domestic planes and this isn’t a premium service like AAs flagship first on JFK → LAX which I reviewed about a month ago it was epic, and so is this engine view!

Winds were CALM when we made it to RWY 08R so take off wasn’t really gonna be bumpy which is a good thing since I was still barely awake even after the coffee.

And for once, I actually picked the RIGHT seat and my reward was this STUNNING view over the 305, you got Miami Beach, Port Miami, Virginia Key and even Key Biscayne over the Biscayne Bay in ONE shot 📸 I’m so grateful to be able to call this area home!

Climbed up to FL350 to enjoy this trip south to a country I’ve NEVER been to, it’s strange that im following this route south towards South America but NOT going to Colombia it just felt weird, anyways as a first class passenger, I got a better meal service on this flight than everybody else pretty good not as good as long haul first class international flights but still good I’ll say 4 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ for American for this service once that concluded there really wasn’t much to do other than look out the window, pay for expensive WiFi, Watch free movies and TV or go to sleep. Me personally, I went with the latter.

I didn’t sleep for long maybe 1 hour and 30 minutes is all I got, but once I woke up we were flying above Panama 🇵🇦 another former part of the Gran Colombia.

It may look like it but it’s not, that everybody is the pacific coast of Ecuador 🇪🇨 yes it does look like the Caribbean coast of Colombia which most of us are familiar with. But now that the flights end is coming it’s time to reflect, the overall a good flight it did feel REALLY long though it actually felt longer than my JFK → LAX flight but I could just be because of the aircraft used I’m not used to flying this long on a 737 but the plane was clean 🧼 and the crew were friendly so in reality, it wasn’t that bad.

I may have gotten lucky with Miami, but I didn’t with Guayaquil which really mattered since I wanted to see what I was getting myself into there was a bit to see from my side but the majority was on the right side but let’s enjoy this landing into GYE’s RWY 21!

TOUCHDOWN! Welcome to José Joaquín de Olmedo International Airport serving the Ecuadorian pacific coast city of Guayaquil and people were right, it looked amazing! Can’t wait to spend an ENTIRE WEEK here as I will spend Friday → Monday on the Galápagos Islands and Monday to NEXT Monday here in Guayaquil. One day I’ll have to come back down to Ecuador for Quito but I don’t know when.

Parked at GYE’s gate 20 and made my way to passport control 🛂 which was similar to Cali’s, meaning it did take a while but thankfully, there were more people working there so it wasn’t as long anyways I grabbed my bag afterwards, no need for a car right now as I ordered an Uber to get me to my hotel and besides I’m leaving for the Galapagos in the morning anyways so I’ll need to return it anyways but I will need one when I get back. Anyways stay tuned for that flight over to the Galapagos, but as always between now and the next time see you in the sky! 😉👋

8 Likes

Cool pics I do love Guayaquil and I want it to be 3D along with Quito

1 Like

Thanks! Hopefully somebody is working on it I do believe Quito is in progress but I’m not 100% sure

1 Like

Nice shots!

1 Like

Thanks bro!