Collision Avoidance

Although we are yet to have a TCAS in Infinite flight, if a crash was imminent what should we do. I was on expert server in Cancun when this almost happened so under IFATC control

3 Likes

It is recommended that you request an altitude change beforehand or execute a missed approach.

1 Like

It really depends on the situation. At the end of the day you are in control of your aircraft.

If you see a potential conflict you can easily climb or descend 1k to avoid it. Be sure to pay attention to the other aircraft and note if they are climbing or descending.

You can and should go around if you see something on the runway. Even if ATC did not call it. Be sure to reference the go-around tutorial and pay attention to traffic around you before you blindly hang a left to avoid landing.

4 Likes

If ATC gave you lets say 1000MSL but GL is 1200MSL what should you say because the may ghost you for not following instructions?

Not really certain when that would ever happen, but if it does, reply “unable”

1 Like

I once had a situation on a recent Military ATC day where I was in the C130 and an F14 came up behind me at the same altitude so I ascended 1000ft - then he followed me - I descend 1000ft - he does the same.

I realised that he clearly wanted refuelling - so I just changed my callsign to NOREFUEL and he left.

Long story short - just stay aware of your surroundings and if necessary take action.

3 Likes

@tominski. MaxSez: We Do have TCAS in IF on all aircraft. TCAS Warnings are presented in your cockpit! Note a “Red Aircraft” image will appear on your Flight Tracker. That Red Planee is close. Aboard! Take action…
Max

3 Likes

I know about the map colours however it is about the TCAS call out, It is yet to call out a resolution so “Climb Climb” and " Descend Descend"

Aviate, Navigate, Communicate. First and foremost IFATC will attempt to understand why you are deviating. I’ve never had a problem with making emergency deviations from what IFATC has told me because of another aircraft or terrain causing a potential issue. If the IFATC does ghost you be sure to calmly explain why you made the necessary deviation and be ready to back it up with the replay.

3 Likes

@tominski MaxSez: Yr response “No call out” or Warning Horn noted. Lesson learned; When formulating a Response or Topic be Explicit. No member can read your mind… Da! Want an audible warning ask for it in Features…You’ve Been here for a year! Should know the drill by now…

Max

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.